Please note that Le Domaine de l'Orangeraie will be closed from the 1st to the 20th of December 2019.
Le Domaine de l’Orangeraie is a haven of peace where families as well as young couples including honeymooners, flock to laze about on the white-sand beaches lined with dense tropical foliage and speckled with the gigantic pink boulders for which the Seychelles is known. Set on La Digue, an earthly paradise infused with the essence of a remote island, the hotel encourages an escape to a simpler life where sun-kissed travellers are seen wander around the island on bicycles.
Sixty-three exquisite villas and suites are perched on the hilly coastal slopes, built in a style respectful of the local aesthetic with nature’s finest materials and painted in warm, neutral tones. How not to be enchanted by the chiselled stone walls, thatched roofs, wooden framed openings! The light and airy rooms are laid on wood planks or roughened pebbles, while the lighting is soft and cosy, epitomising an understated luxury. Travellers may opt for one of the five room categories which come with an array of modern amenities to ensure your comfort at Le Domaine de l'Orangeraie.
There are two restaurants situated at water’s edge: Le Combava – meaning Kaffir Lime, and Santosha – Sanskrit for Contentment. Each one offers a fabulous dining experience, from the refinement of international cuisine to the exotic flavours of the piquant Creole gastronomy found on the islands.
Welcoming personnel goes out of their way to make your stay memorable and will assist you with every wish you desire.
A favourite hangout is the stunning infinity pool around (or inside) which you may laze away, while reading a book or sipping your cocktail. At sunset, the sky is set ablaze with shimmering colours, creating the perfect backdrop for your holiday in paradise. Le Domaine de l’Orangeraie is undoubtedly a chic, yet nomadic travel retreat that offers peace and tranquility from the hectic routine and a chance to discover the fauna and flora of La Digue.
During your holidays in the Seychelles, Le Domaine de L'Orangeraie offers 20 Garden Villas, with an area of 60 m², each having refined décor with furnishings in wood and stone, giving a tropical-zen style to these rooms.
Built on two floors, these villas have a fully-equipped kitchen, a large indoor lounge and a private terrace on the ground floor. On the first floor you will find a spacious air-conditioned bedroom with a superb double bed, a bathroom and furnished balcony. A baby cot and high chair are available upon request. Villas are also communicating for larger families and groups.
Capacity: 2 adults + 1 child
Le Domaine de L’Orangeraie also offers 31 Charm Villas on the hillside for your stay in the Seychelles. Covering an area of 70 m², they offer a warm décor, made of natural wood and granite. The outdoor, half-covered thatched bathroom has been designed in perfect harmony with nature.
Capacity: 2 adults only
3 Charm Villas – Elegance are also available with an area of 100 m². These are nestled on a mountainside at the heart of the lush vegetation and amidst immense granite stones. They are distinguished from the other Charm Villas by their exclusive location, combining the tropical garden with splendid views of the Indian Ocean.
Each of these villas has a private hot tub and a more spacious terrace, perfect for relaxing moments while on holiday in the Seychelles. A bicycle is also available for free.
Capacity: 2 adults only
While staying in the Seychelles, reside in the Presidential Villa, also known as Ile d’Abondance (meaning Island of Abundance) with an area of 485 m², offering generous space in a Zen-like atmosphere that is refined and elegant, along with dedicated butler service, to attend to your every need.
This villa features a master bedroom with en-suite bathroom including a large bathtub, two additional bedrooms and two dressing rooms, a spacious living room, private terrace with private swimming pool, dining kiosk and lounge area, and a Jacuzzi; all overlooking the enchanting beauty of the Indian Ocean and nearby Praslin island.
The Villa also comes with a free bicycle and a 24/7 butler service.
Capacity: 6 persons
Garden Suite Residences
Choose to stay in one of the 8 Garden Suite Residences at Le Domaine de l’Orangeraie, specially conceived for families vacationing in the Seychelles. Covering an area of 100 m², these villas have been created in the typical Island Style spirit of the resort.
The Suite includes a main bedroom and large living area that can be transformed to accommodate 2 people. Also included are an indoor/outdoor bathroom and a spacious terrace furnished with loungers and a dining table.
Capacity: 3 adults or 2 adults + 1 children
- - Air Conditioning
- - Safe
- - Dressing
- - Double or Twin Beds
- - Mini Bar
- - Bathroom: Beach Towels in Each Villa
- - Hair Dryer
- - Room Service: Evenings
- - Tea & Coffee Facilities
- - Telephone
- - Flat Screen TV with Satellite Channels in All Villas
- - Shaver Socket + Adapters
- - Fan
- - Wi-Fi: Free in All Villas & Public Areas
Enjoy an unforgettable dining experience at Le Domaine de l'Orangeraie with restaurants proposing cuisine inspired by Creole, Mediterranean and Asian influences. A beachfront space adjacent to the Villas opened in late 2010 for a memorable new experience.
Open to hotel guests as well as outside visitors (admission fee requested by the hotel), you are welcome from morning to night to enjoy the resort’s infinity pool, fitness centre, restaurants and bars.
- ● Le Combava Restaurant, open 6 days a week for A la carte dinner (reservations only) and lunch, stretches gracefully on the upper deck of the waterfront. The passionate chefs prepare the most delicious French & Creole style dishes from the freshest ingredients. Do not hesitate to accompany your dishes with one of the wines of the Domaine's private cellar.
- ● The Santosha is where you may dine at ease and enjoy simple food served buffet-style. Daily specials are also concocted right before your eyes. Open every day for breakfast and dinner, this restaurant offers stunning views of the ocean and neighbouring Praslin Island.
- ● The Alambic Bar, discreetly situated on a terrace overlooking the lagoon, offers an intimate setting to enjoy a good drink while admiring the sunset or later in the evening. It is open from 18:00 to 23:00.
- ● The Infinity Pool Bar, located beside the swimming pool, opens from 9:00 to 21:30 for delicious stylish cocktails and tasty snacks, all in a very tropical chic setting.
- ● Room service and private romantic dinners are available upon request, for moments of pure pleasure!
- - Check-In: 1:00 PM – Check-Out: 10:00 AM
- - Wi-Fi at Reception & in the Library
- - Tour Desk
- - Buggy Service
- - Library
- - Relaxation Room with Shower & Luggage Room
- - Beach Service
- - Laundry Service
- - Shuttle from La Digue Port to the Hotel
- - Picnic Basket – Available after 10:00 in the Morning
- - Safran Vert Boutique (Open between 10 & 11 AM to 6 PM)
The hotel suites and villas are very well laid out and equipped to accommodate your children: two children may be accommodated in the room or in the interior living area.
Live entertainment is offered in Santosha restaurant on selected dates during dinnertime. You may take the opportunity to discover the charms of La Digue by visiting other local restaurants on the island.
SPA & WELLNESS
At the top of a verdant hill stands the Eden Rock Wellness Centre & Spa, amongst granite rocks strewn with waterfalls, offering spectacular views onto the crystal clear ocean waters and the island of Praslin.
Here is a truly sanctified corner where you will take pleasure in consecrating time for personal rest and well-being with the wide range of beauty treatments, including Germaine de Capuccini, and massage rituals inspired by traditions from around the world. The Domaine de l'Orangeraie employs Z2Zen wellness products, inspired by the exotic scents of the Seychelles (lemongrass, cinnamon, patchouli, etc.)
The Spa provides the following facilities to its clients:
- - 3 Double Massage Rooms
- - 1 Manicure & Pedicure Facility
- - Jacuzzi
- - Shower Area
- - Hammam
- - Hairdresser
- - Lounge Area
- - Sun Loungers & Shaded Areas
- - Snorkelling – Free Use of Equipment
- - Spa Treatment
- - Bike Rental
- - Kayak
- - Paddle Board