Since islands were first discovered, they have fascinated intrepid explorers and travellers. Surely you have imagined living on or owning an island in the middle of the ocean – there is something about the remoteness, or even the possibility of circumnavigating it on foot, that explains this enchantment. Adventurers in pursuit of raw luxury will find what they are looking for at Fregate Island Private, the very exclusive resort found on the private Seychelles island of Frégate, christened by the 18th century explorer, Lazare Picault, due to the abundant bird species found there bearing the same name.
These days, giant Aldabra tortoises roam the domain planted with the Takamaka, cashew, and almond trees. Over a hundred species of birds take flight above the jungle, while Hawksbill tortoises nest on the deserted beaches. This sanctuary island is steeped in history, from its plantation-style house containing a wine cellar and collection of aged rums, to the lovely Creole chapel where couples may hold an intimate wedding ceremony.
Nestled amongst the indigenous forest are sixteen gorgeous villa residences, exuding sublime opulence – from a private infinity pool and Jacuzzi, to an outdoor pavilion and spacious terraces – and overlooking acres of verdant jungle and golden beaches. Guests may also sojourn at the lavish ensemble of villas within Banyan Hill Estate, set upon a secluded peninsula, where personal chef and private butler will ensure your dreams are fulfilled. Finally, those wishing to live out their tropical island fantasy, may reserve the entire domain for a truly memorable stay.
The cuisine is simple and delightful; its produce sourced from carefully nurtured gardens and the sea. Faithful in the principle of the authenticity it cultivates, Fregate assures a farm-to-fork approach to its cuisine. As the island’s creeks and lagoons provide fabulous backdrops for your meals, you are invited to dine anywhere you wish: high up in a banyan tree house, at the Yacht Club or on the plantation, upon any of the seven beaches, in either of the two restaurants, aboard a sunset cruise, in your private villa. For a fabulous evening cocktail, visit Mont Signal, for stunning panoramas seen from the highest point on the island.
Fregate Island Private, a small ethereal paradise, offers those lucky enough to land on its shores, a genuine and unique experience – a perfect island retreat.
● Fregate Island Private consists of a selection of beautifully designed Private Pool Residences, inclusive of a private swimming pool. The bedroom and living room of each villa are connected by a hallway and a tastefully decorated dining space. From the private terrace with infinity pool and Jacuzzi, daybed and dining pavilion, you overlook the lush jungle and deep-blue sea. There is one large and one small bathroom, each with its own private outdoor shower. Personal island buggy at your disposal. Several of these residences have direct beach access.
The 12 Private Pool Residences have an area of 400-450 m2 and are ideal for those wishing to relax in a haven of peace. Enjoy a change of scenery with every comfort.
Capacity: 2 adults + 2 children (up to 17 years)
Ideal for a larger number of people, 3 Private Pool Twin Residences of 600-700 m2 provide similar characteristics as the Private Pool Residence, with more space for larger families.
Capacity: 4 adults + 2 children (up to 17 years)
For those looking to relax in intimate privacy, there is 1 Private Pool Spa Residence of 700 m2, offering a personal spa within its sanctuary.
Capacity: 2 adults; optionally available for 4 adults + 2 children (up to 17 years)
● The Banyan Hill Estate is situated on the hilltop of a secluded peninsula, overlooking the harbour, beaches and part of the island. This estate comprises more than 324 m2 with 3 separate and equally accommodating sleeping villas, each with its own veranda and bathroom; as well as a luxurious core structure, to create a unique feeling of privacy and natural beauty.
The main building encompasses an open living area and a grand dining space, along with a fully-equipped kitchen. There is a TV lounge and separate private study. The private infinity pool is set beside a spacious gazebo and barbecue hut. Personal island buggies provided.
Capacity: 6 adults + 3 children (up to 17 years)
Fregate Island Private promises to create a culinary blend of Creole and international fare at its best.
● Fregate House is the main restaurant, offering a large selection of fresh fish and accompaniments garnered from the island’s home-grown produce and lovingly prepared by chef, Arnaud Davin.
● Plantation Restaurant, Pirate Bar and the Beach Bar provide a surprising array of meals anywhere on the island at any hour of the day. Anything is possible and the venues include:
- The Tree House, nestled in one of the oldest and largest banyan trees on the island;
- The Yacht Club dining room; or dine on a sunset cruise;
- The top of Mont Signal for an early evening cocktail whilst taking in the panoramic island and ocean views;
- Choose one of the seven beaches for a picnic excursion or a barbecue – available for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
● Guests may also decide to dine in the comfort and intimacy of their private residence, where the necessary arrangements and service will be organised by a personal butler.
Fregate Island is an ideal destination for the whole family. The kid’s coordinator at Castaway Kid’s Club will take charge of children aged 3 to 12 years and ensure their stay is full of adventure, games and discoveries. In collaboration with Fregate’s Environment and Conservation Manager, children will enjoy exploring the island and its wildlife, with activities that are both educative and entertaining. A treasure hunt on the beaches is sure to please one and all.
Babysitting services are provided at a nominal fee.
The Rock Spa on Fregate Island is the ideal place to relax and resource your energies. Relying on local expertise and the curative properties of endemic plants, the Spa therapists offer a range of treatments, massages and yoga courses in a peaceful, yet invigorating atmosphere.
The Rock Spa also offers Ayurveda treatments through customised programmes that help one to regain physical and spiritual wellbeing.
The line of products used at the Spa are made in Seychelles with ingredients grown in the gardens of Fregate Island, and complement each treatment or therapy, being particularly suited for relaxation, revitalization and detoxification.
Fregate Island Private is a member of the Oetker Collection of masterpiece hotels, conceived and organised according to the common values and objectives of its selection of locations, especially in terms of social and environmental development. Therefore, conservation of the island’s environment, and its land-dwelling and marine species are of major importance.
Fregate Island is committed to the following efforts:
The private marina located along the lagoon is the starting point for a wide variety of adventures on or under water: from scuba diving to deep sea fishing – the choice is yours. The resort also has a range of the latest nautical equipment for catamaran sailing, wind surfing and water skiing.
The 20˚ Sud is a sumptuous boutique hotel nestled on a private coconut-lined beach near Pointe aux Canonniers in the [...]
As from €855
Anahita Golf & Spa Resort embodies the spirit of a five-star sanctuary. The elegant resort lies along the east coast [...]
As from €1220
With its sugar white beach fringed with palm trees and its unordinary lagoon brimming with aquatic life, the Angsana Ihuru [...]
As from €1575
Velavaru, which translates as "Turtle Island", evokes the beings that long dwelled the island. With such a rich past, there [...]
As from €1390