Denis Private Island, incarnates the fantasy of a deserted island. It is the dream destination for adventurers in quest of a delightful Robinson Crusoe experience and couples searching for the ideal romantic getaway. Here you will put your survival skills to the test (at least surviving without Wi-Fi)! From the moment your plane alights on the grassy landing strip of this 375 acre coral islet, you will sense the ultimate feeling of detachment and privacy. The lapping waves coupled with the gentle swaying of seaside palms and the chirping of exotic birds, provides the perfect soundtrack to what will be an unforgettable sojourn.
Denis Island is the home of the resort with the same name and it is surrounded by a clear-water lagoon that is a natural and protected reserve. No fishing here, which means the warm waters are swarming with schools of tropical-coloured fish, sting-rays and sea turtles. Slip on fins and a mask to glimpse the impressive aquatic life. Deep-sea fishing outings are a chance to try one’s hand at fishing (the small fish will be released, however a big catch can be taken to the Chef who will prepare a fresh meal for you).
You will dwell in intimately positioned free-standing cottages, agreeably decorated with wood furniture – handmade in the island’s carpentry shop – and elegant open-air bathrooms. Families with children can book the extra spacious Family Cottage. The island’s interiors are criss-crossed with trails that lead to hidden coves, pristine beaches and several farms, where you will find cows raised for dairy, chickens, vegetable gardens and more. After a trek through the dense forest, head over to the Sens Spa for an out-of-the-ordinary well-being treatment under the shade of a Casuarina tree.
A holiday on faraway Denis Island is a chance to encounter endemic species and learn about the conservation efforts of this earthly paradise.
When staying in the Seychelles, the hotel, Denis Private Island offers 25 spacious cottages and villas that stretch along the beach at the north-western tip of the island. Very comfortable and elegantly decorated in the theme of nature, each living quarters has a beautiful veranda facing the sea; the rooms have a canopy bed and a superb bathroom with outdoor shower in the private garden.The choice of bungalows is as follows:
● 3 Beach Cottages, each having an area of 90 m², are right on the beachfront and feature a small living area, a writing desk and a wine chiller. Not to mention the beautiful terrace with armchairs and loungers, facing the sea.
● 10 Deluxe Beach Cottages, each with an area of 110 m² and a kiosk facing the sea. These spacious cottages open onto a private garden, where you will enjoy a delicious outdoor shower after swimming in the lagoon. Discover direct access to the beach, with sunbeds waiting for you!
● 10 Beachfront Spa Cottages, with an area of 150 m², have been specially designed to offer you a well-being stay in absolute comfort. There is a sumptuous wooden deck in the garden, which is furnished and leads to the private beach, set up with a relaxing daybed. Your bathroom opens onto an outdoor courtyard where you will find your own private massage and wellness area.
● The Family Cottage, with an area of 169 m² is perfect for a family holiday. This bungalow has a separate master bedroom, a living room furnished with two twin beds (doubling as a second bedroom), an open-air bathroom with shower, bathtub, double sink, bidet and toilet. There is also a private terrace with dining area. As with the previous categories of accommodation, you will have direct access to a private beach with loungers for every member of the family.
● The Beach Villa is a luxury accommodation and has an area of 325 m², with vast living and relaxation space. The private courtyard has two outdoor showers, and there is a large wooden deck within the garden and leading to a private beach. The bedroom in this villa includes a 4-poster bed with the addition of a sofa-bed, and the adjoining bathroom opens onto the private garden. There is also a lounge area, an al fresco dining room, a massage area, a kiosk facing the sea and a swimming pool with adjacent barbeque area.
Almost all the food that is served at Denis Private Island is freshly grown, nurtured and cultivated on the island’s farms. The chefs are proficient at preparing an excellent international cuisine, as well as authentic Creole dishes and other savoury feasts.
Breakfast and lunch are served buffet-style and the dinner menu is à la carte. Choose a wine from the hotel’s wine cellar to accompany your meal and the staff will be happy to arrange a candlelight dinner on the beach or a private dinner on the terrace of your villa (upon prior request). The restaurant organises a Creole evening on Saturday and a Japanese evening on Wednesday. Barbecues on the beach are also a regular event.
Delicious exotic cocktails are prepared at the bar, from where the dinner bell will sound when it is time to move to your table!
* Dress code: shorts and Bermudas are not allowed in the evening at the restaurant nor at the bar
Creole and Japanese evenings are offered at hotel’s discretion.
At Denis Island, the Spa is brought to you in the privacy of your cottage. For those who adore wellness treatments every day, you may book one of the unique Beachfront Spa Cottages, with its own spa pavilion in the courtyard.
You may also enjoy a soothing outdoor massage under the casuarina trees, with the sounds of the ocean waves and twittering birds as your background music.
Wherever and however you revel in a relaxing well-being session, you are certain to luxuriate in total bliss while your body tunes into the natural harmony of Denis Island.
The 20˚ Sud is a sumptuous boutique hotel nestled on a private coconut-lined beach near Pointe aux Canonniers in the [...]
As from €855
Anahita Golf & Spa Resort embodies the spirit of a five-star sanctuary. The elegant resort lies along the east coast [...]
As from €1220
With its sugar white beach fringed with palm trees and its unordinary lagoon brimming with aquatic life, the Angsana Ihuru [...]
As from €1575
Velavaru, which translates as "Turtle Island", evokes the beings that long dwelled the island. With such a rich past, there [...]
As from €1390