What better place for families, couples or newlyweds to share genuine experiences than at this rustic-chic leisure hotel situated on the northern fishing coast of Mauritius, at Calodyne. The unique concept of Zilwa Attitude immerses you entirely in the way of life of the island – manifested through the typical old seaside bungalow appeal of the architecture and décor, and the diverse blend of cultural encounters inspired from local traditions, such as savouring a stimulating blend of cuisines, or the inspirational activities created to enrich your vacation experiences.
In Creole, zilwa comes from the French word for islander, which is exactly what you will become. This 4* hotel is an ode to Mauritius designed to evoke its true soul, with 214 rooms, apartments and suites, designed using parched driftwood furnishings, cool waxed concrete flooring, and trendy tropical colours. A pair of typical Mauritian savates Dodo* awaits you, to be worn wherever you go, and removed at will – you can even take them home.
Shaping the horizon, directly in front of Zilwa, are five northern islands – you can almost reach out and touch them, by taking one of many outings on offer: a sunrise pirogue trip; an intimate Robinson Crusoe picnic on neighbouring islets; day-long catamaran cruises; and more. The kids are not left out with adventures galore offered by the mini-club Ayo le Dodo – nestled in a restored boat – and treasure-island hunts, among others.
There are no less than seven specialty restaurants for out-of-the-ordinary dining that blends spicy, exquisite tastes from all over the world…a delicious metisaz of Creole, Indian, Asian and European culinary delights acquired from the cultural diversity of the island. Vilaz Masaz is a must for relaxing and unwinding to soothing massage therapies.
True to the hotel’s concept, the Otentik Attitude panoply of experiences ensures guests will discover Mauritius through off-the-beaten-track discoveries and encounters with the locals: including Otentik Dinner, Music, Bazar, and Cuisine, as well as the Otentik Discovery self-guide tour app for your smartphone, and the Otentik Notebook, where you will record all your memories and impressions. Attended by the congenial Family Members, the infamous Mauritian hospitality will fill you with emotions and pleasures to last a lifetime.
*flip flops: typical Mauritian footwear
The Zilwa Attitude offers 115 Superior Rooms each providing a cosy refuge of 35 m² for your holiday in Mauritius. Situated on the ground, first and second floors of the hotel, the Superior Rooms open onto a furnished terrace or balcony, with four distinct vantage points:
- - 43 Superior Rooms
- - 20 Superior Partial Sea View Rooms
- - 42 Superior Sea View Rooms
- - 10 Superior Beachfront Rooms
Some of these rooms are inter-leading for larger families and groups of friends. The Superior Sea View Room is the equipped for mobility-reduced persons.
Capacity: 2 adults + 1 child (0-12 years)
The 55 Family Rooms are sea facing, having views onto the gardens of the hotel via a furnished terrace or balcony. There are three types of accommodations in this category:
- - 23 Family Rooms of 45 m2
Capacity: 2 adults + 2 children (under 12 years); or 2 adults + 2 teens
- - 12 Family Deluxe Rooms of 50 m2, with two bedrooms and having sea views.
Capacity: 2 adults + 3 children (0-12 years), or 2 adults + 2 teenagers + 1 child (under 12 years)
- - 20 Family Apartments of 80 m2, comprised of two communicating rooms, of which 4 apartments have sea views.
Capacity: 4 adults + 2 children (under 12 years)
Zilwa Attitude also caters specifically to couples seeking an intimate vacation for two in Mauritius. The Couple Rooms are situated on the first floor, opening onto a furnished balcony, and providing sea view or beach front settings.
- - 7 Couple Deluxe Sea View Rooms of 40 m²
- - 14 Couple Deluxe Beachfront Rooms of 40 m²
- - 14 Couple Junior Beach Front Suites of 50 m²
- - 3 Couple Privilege Sea View Suites of 40 m²
- - 6 Couple Privilege Beach Front Suites of 40 m²
Capacity: 2 adults
- - Furnished Balcony or Terrace
- - Air Conditioning
- - Ceiling Fan
- - Electronic Safe
- - Wi-Fi
- - 220-Volt Electrical Outlets
- - Hair Dryer
- - Tea & Coffee Facilities
- - Bathroom With Shower & Separate Toilet
- - Television With Satellite Channels
- - Mini Bar
- - Telephone With IDD
Zilwa Attitude offers a delicious metisaz of cuisines in its 7 restaurants and 2 bars, reflecting the gastronomic melange of the island of Mauritius.
- ● Karay is the main restaurant consisting of three dining areas set alongside the lagoon and serving buffet style meals for breakfast and dinner.
- ● Siaw offers a culinary discovery of exotic Creole-blended Asian cuisine with exciting live cooking shows in an intimate atmosphere. Open 6 evenings a week upon reservation.
- ● Tadka is a colourfully decorated restaurant where you will revel in the spicy flavours of Indian specialties. Open for dinner, 6 times a week, with reservations.
- ● Lor Disab is the beach restaurant, open for buffet lunches. À la carte dinners are served 6 evenings a week with reservation. Guests aged 16 years and above.
- ● Gran Zil BBQ is an exclusive offer at Zilwa Attitude where you and your family will enjoy the unique experience of savouring a delicious barbecue lunch on a rustic Crusoe-like island, just a short boat ride away.
- ● Kot Nou, another signature Attitude restaurant, treats you to Gramma’s traditional Mauritian home-cooking, as well as an array of à la carte sandwiches.
- ● Taba-J is open with genuine Mauritian-style street food, including savoury treats and delightful sweets available throughout the day.
- ● Siro Kann (Sugar Cane) is the hotel's main lounge bar, open from 9:00 to midnight; and offering a varied menu of thirst-quenching drinks – or rum-based cocktails – deliciously flavoured with fresh fruits. Sandwiches also served.
- ● Lor Disab is the beach bar, with service from inside the remnants of an old pirogue, the ideal setting for relaxing by the sea with the sand tickling your feet. Open from 11:00 to midnight, evenings are reserved for adults over 16, so you may watch the moon rise or count the stars in peaceful harmony.
- ● Otentik Attitude is a new concept specially designed to allow you to discover the cuisine and culture of Mauritius with its programme of authentic activities. Under this programme, the All Inclusive Dining Formula includes:
- - Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner At The Main Restaurant
- - A Selection Of Drinks Served At The Bar From 11:00 To 23:00
- - In-Room Tea & Coffee Service
- - A Selection Of Drinks From The Mini Bar
- - Local Sweets & Goodies Served With Afternoon Tea
- - Local Snacks Served With Evening Drinks
- ● The Dine-Around Experience at the hotel allows guests – under the All Inclusive Package – to partake in a different cuisine every day by dining at 4 of Zilwa’s 7 restaurants. Valid from 11:00 on the day of arrival until noon the day of departure. Additional conditions apply.
- - Internet Corner & Wi-Fi in Public Areas & Rooms
- - Check-In: 14:00 – Check-Out: Noon
- - 24-Hour Reception & Security Services
- - Currency Exchange Facilities
- - Baby Changing & Feeding Room Available 8:00 to 21:00
- - Credit Cards Accepted: American Express, Visa, MasterCard & Maestro
- - Beach Towels
- - Mobile Device Charging Corner
- - Laundry & Dry Cleaning Services
- - Boutique
- - Conference Room of 144 m² / Seats 50 to 112 Persons / Audio-Visual Equipment & Overhead Projector
- - Car & Scooter Rental
- - Taxi Service
- - Bus Stop Nearby
The Zilwa Attitude proposes its mini-club, Ayo the Dodo, for children ages 3 to 12 years, where they will participate in various activities every day under the supervision of experienced and qualified Family Members. Open daily from 9:00 to 21:00. Kids may even dine together in the restaurant with one of the mini-club Family Members.
A babysitting service is available upon reservation and for a nominal fee.
Come enjoy the typical Mauritian Sega dance shows, along with other themed evenings during your stay at Zilwa Attitude, while enjoying the serenity of the setting sun and sipping an aperitif.
For total immersion in the life and ways of Mauritius, take advantage of the distinctive and innovative Otentik Attitude concept offered only by Attitude Resorts: Otentik Bazar is a full day dedicated to discovering Mauritian-made products; Otentik Cuisine for typical Mauritian dining with a local family; Otentik Music, where you will listen to and learn about musical instruments used in the island’s music, and meet Mauritian performers and artists; and Otentik Discovery, for a dip into historical and cultural heritage of Mauritius. What better way to meet the inhabitants of the island and develop a true appreciation of their unique lifestyle!
SPA & WELLNESS
Vilaz Masaz, the Spa of Zilwa Attitude, offers an enchanting and exotic setting for your well-being in an eco-friendly environment which includes an herb garden replete with spices and plants cultivated for use in massage therapies, as well as for soothing herbal infusions and tisanes. Open from 8:00 to 20:00, the Spa features the following facilities:
- - 6 Single Massage Rooms
- - 4 Double Massage Rooms
- - 1 Watsu Pool
- - 1 Hammam
- - 1 Ice Fountain
A full range of massage, body and facial treatments is available including the resort’s 4 Signature Care of Earth, Sea, Sun and Flora Attitude.
- - 3 Swimming Pools – Main Pool of 275 m3 / Secondary Pool of 300 m3 Including Children's Pool / Beach Pool of 250 m3
- - Aqua Gym
- - Water Polo
- - Stretching
- - Sail Boarding
- - Pedal Boats
- - Laser Boats
- - Kayak
- - Snorkelling
- - Wind Surfing
- - Glass Bottom Boat
- - Stand-Up Paddle
- - Fitness Room
- - Beach Volleyball
- - Ping Pong
- - Bocce Balls
- - Tennis Volley
- - Outdoor Cinema
- - Flood-Lit Tennis Court – Balls Available at Nominal Cost
- - Board Games, Including Typical Mauritian Games
- Zilwa Experiences:
- - Catamaran & Excursions
- - PADI / CMAS Diving Centre
- - Kite Surfing – Operated by ION Club
- - Billiards
- - Electronic Games
- - Bicycles
- - Big Game Fishing (Available On Request)
The Hotel Offers Various Activities For Your Participation Throughout Your Stay
- - Children’s Treasure Hunt
- - Mauritian Lifestyle Discovery
- - Cooking Classes
- - Creole Lessons
- - Sunrise Excursion in a Pirogue
- - Barbecue on Gran Zil
- - Catamaran Cruise
- - Tennis Volley
- - Private Island Massage
- - And, Much More
NEARBY (With Supplement)
- - Market Days in Nearby Villages & Towns
- - Ship Model Factory
- - Religious Sites & Temples