« I highly suggest this hotel for peaceful holidays. So relaxing! » - Natacha, Islandian Expert
Revel in the timeless, understated luxury of The Residence Mauritius, a prestigious 5-star hotel situated on the breath-taking Belle Mare beach along Mauritius’s rugged eastern coast. Upon entering the lobby with its colonnade and vaulted ceiling, reminiscent of the colonial era, you will glimpse the expansive blue ocean, fringed by a stretch of white sand on which the hotel is set. The gardens of the establishment, embellished with tropical flowers and plants of every kind, are perfect for languorous walks or swaying in a hammock. This paradisiacal setting is enhanced by the bygone architectural style of the hotel, and the harmoniously neutral-coloured linen attire worn by the attentive personnel.
The Residence Mauritius is laid out with 135 Rooms and 28 Suites, each one having its own furnished terrace or balcony providing panoramic views onto lush gardens and the turquoise blue sea. These comfortable suites and rooms, decorated in period furnishings, combine sobriety, elegance and luxury. Guests are entitled to the services of a butler who ensures nothing will be overlooked during their stay in Mauritius.
Water sports enthusiasts on holiday in Mauritius will be thrilled with the numerous free activities available: windsurfing, water skiing, snorkelling and more. Other on site leisure pastimes include table tennis, bocce balls and tennis.
The hotel has not forgotten the younger guests, and the Planters Kids Club, a 400 m² space is dedicated entirely to offering them treasure hunts, body painting, and pony rides to keep children fully entertained. You will also love exploring the coastal region surrounding the resort, as well as island-hopping to Ile aux Cerfs or Ile aux Mangénie and ending the afternoon at the superb Sanctuary Spa, in total relaxation with the signature Ylang Ylang massage.
What better way to complete the day than by indulging in your sweet tooth with an assortment of waffles, pancakes and ice creams at The Verandah and the Gourmet Kiosk, and later, savouring a traditional Mauritian-style dinner at The Plantation, the hotel’s Creole style restaurant.
The Residence Mauritius is certain to offer you an ideal Made in Mauritius dream vacation of relaxation and comfort.
Dining is a real pleasure at the Residence Mauritius Hotel, where Mauritian cuisine is subtly blended with gastronomies from around the world, creating a real melody of aromas, flavours, scents and colours. Choose from one of three eating venues or the hotel bar, when eating and going out with family and friends.
· The Dining Room is the main restaurant accessible to guests staying in Mauritius for a breakfast buffet and à la carte dinners, offering a gourmet cuisine of multiple flavours. Fine dining is laid out in this luxurious restaurant decorated in wood and overlooking the pool. Theme dinners, such as an Asian or Mediterranean buffet are organised during periods of high occupancy.
· The Verandah is open for light lunches served around the pool on a terrace overlooking the sea (from 12:00 to 15:00). On the menu: a remarkable choice of salads, pizzas, pasta, sandwiches and, to everyone’s delight, ice cream!
· The Plantation provides a more lively setting, as it is set by the sea – sheltered from the wind – and offers magnificent views onto the lagoon. The restaurant is open at lunchtime as well as for dinner, when meals are served either à la carte or in the form of a themed buffet, several times a week. Fresh seafood and Creole cuisine are on offer and entertainment is provided here several times a week.
· The Bar is open from 10:00 to midnight and is the place where you will want to go for afternoon tea and evening cocktails.
* Dress Code: casual attire during the day; elegant attire in the evening (no shorts).
· For those who are lounging by the pool or on the beach, the amiable staff is on hand to serve you fresh fruits and cooling drinks.
The Residence Mauritius has thought about its youngest guests on holiday on the island by creating The Planters Kids Club, a superb space of 400 m², where everything is set up so that kids enjoy their holiday as much as their parents. Located not far from the beach, the mini-club is open from 9:00 to 22:30 for children between 3 and 12 years old.
Various original activities are offered during the day, including games and other distractions that take place at the club or on the beach. There are shows in the evening as well. Lunch and dinner can also be arranged within the mini-club. Computers are available for children from 7 to 11 years old.
A babysitting service for children under 3 years old is available at a supplementary fee based upon the time of day or night.
You will be lulled every night of your stay on the island by the jazzy melodies played at the piano in The Bar, a vast lounge whose walls trace the history of Mauritius through a rich collection of black and white engravings. It is open all day and until midnight for guests to enjoy a late breakfast, tea-time, an aperitif before dinner or a good cocktail in the late evening.
For a more rhythmic atmosphere, stroll the paths along the beautiful tropical gardens to the The Plantation restaurant where, following a delicious buffet dinner, you will be entertained by a themed show, such as a traditional local Sega dance spectacle.
To complete its refined setting, the hotel has a magnificent sell-being spa centre, The Sanctuary, the first spa to have been created in Mauritius! A true temple of relaxation, the Spa dedicates its 600 m² to the pursuit of wellness for the body and the mind with a wide offering of massages and beauty treatments provided using the prestigious Carita range of products (exclusivity in the Indian Ocean).
Open from 8:00 to 20:00, the Spa provides:
- 1 Hairdressing & Beauty Salon
- 2 Treatment & Therapy Rooms
- 6 Massage Cabins Including 1 Double Cabin & 1 Outdoor Kiosk Located in the Gardens Overlooking the Lagoon
- 1 Relaxation Room in a Cosy Atmosphere for Your Absolute Well-Being
- 1 Sauna & 1 Hammam – Unlimited Access to Guests