#Tamarina Golf & Spa Boutique Hotel seduces couples and families alike on holiday in Mauritius with its unique ambiance that combines a chic safari lodge feeling in an updated colonial setting. Set on the west coast at the edge of Tamarin Beach – a surfer’s haven – and adjacent to the Rampart Mountain range, this 4-star boutique hotel offers nothing less exceptional service to its guests.
The hotel offers 50 comfortable rooms that emanate a charming African vibe: the warm wood and rattan furnishings in shades of gold and brown are accented by nuances of ochre, orange and auburn.
Tamarina is the ideal location for golfers in quest of a world class experience. The hotel boasts an 18-hole championship golf course, designed by renowned golf architect, Rodney Wright, which promises players a well-rounded game of technical challenges and sensational views.
Active holiday lovers will be delighted staying at Tamarina Hotel, where you will benefit from complimentary access to, Casela World of Adventures, a nature and leisure reserve with its legendary bird park. There is no adrenaline rush quite like walking along a Nepalese bridge or soaring over a canyon on a zip line. Another highlight of your trip will undoubtedly be snorkelling alongside the bottled-nose dolphins, as they swim about their natural habitat within Tamarin Bay.
Travellers seeking authenticity will savour signature rum-based cocktails at Ti Baz bar, before indulging in the diverse Mauritian mealtime delicacies at La Dame Créole. Afternoons and evenings are well spent walking along the beach and, at the right time of the year, crossing a meandering river mouth that enters the sea to wander through Tamarin village, where one may sample the sidewalk eateries or join in around a bonfire with the seaside locals.
All rooms at Tamarina Boutique Hotel are Deluxe Suites, each having an area of 39 m² and offering all the comforts you need for a pleasant stay in Mauritius. Each Suite includes a king size bed or 2 twin beds, a seating area, bathroom with separate toilet and a 5 m² terrace or balcony.There are 3 Suite types:
- 30 Deluxe Garden View Suites
- 12 Deluxe Sea View Suites
- 8 Deluxe Beach Front Suites
Capacity: 2 adults + up to 2 children (upon request)
- - Air Conditioning
- - Safe
- - Dressing Area
- - Mini Bar (Free Non-Alcoholic Drinks
- - 220 Volts Electrical Outlets
- - Hair Dryer
- - Free Wi-Fi
- - Nespresso Coffee Machine
- - Iron & Ironing Board
- - Tea & Coffee Facilities
- - King Size or Double or Twin Beds
- - Separate Toilet - Ceiling Fan
- - Telephone with Direct International Access
- - Balcony
- - Television with Satellite Channels
The Tamarina Hotel offers its guests access to 4 restaurants as well as 2 bars:
- ● L'Escale is the main restaurant of the hotel with views overlooking the magnificent Tamarin Bay. The restaurant accommodates up to 100 people and offers a full and exotic breakfast buffet from 07:00 to 10:00. For lunch, pizzas and pasta are waiting for you from 12:00 to 15:00, and at dinnertime, hours run from 19:00 to 22:00 for themed and locally inspired meals.
- ● La Dame Creole is a charming little restaurant seating up to 20 persons; open at lunchtime, from 12:00 to 15:00, for creole curries. For dinner (19:00 to 22:00), it specialises in creole-style steaks. Closed Sunday and Monday evenings.
- ● Laplaz is located near the old lime kiln by the pool and facing the beach and ocean. Open from 12:00 to 15:00, it serves light lunches and snacks. In the evening, sumptuous seafood is the fare in the relaxed and elegant setting, where you will appreciate lobster or grilled fish, as you are serenaded by the sound of the waves. Closed on Sunday and Monday evening.
- ● Ti Baz is set under the shade of a century-old almond tree; its deck overlooking the beach with an exceptional view on the bay of Tamarin. The beach bar is open every day from 11:00 to 22:00. Admire the setting sun, while lounging comfortably and sipping on a signature cocktail made from local rum. Romantic or convivial, join other guests around the once-weekly bonfire on the beach.
- ● Baboon Bar is the main bar of Tamarina and is open from 10:00 until 23:00 every day.
- ● Wine Gallery is the wine cellar set up like a museum where you will discover a selection of prestigious wines, from which you may choose during your stay at Tamarina Golf & Spa Boutique Hotel.
- ● The Nineteen is the golf club house restaurant and bar, overlooking the 18th green with beautiful views towards the river and Tamarin Bay. The bar is open from 7:00 to 19:00, and the restaurant serves light meals and snacks from 11:00 to 16:00. The Nineteen may also be reserved for private functions.
- ● Located inside the Casela Leisure Park, not far from the hotel is a restaurant where you will enjoy typical Mauritian dishes and snacks. The setting offers panoramic views across the sugarcane fields, onto Tamarin Mountain and up to the sea. The bar is open from 9:00 to 17:00 and the restaurant from 10:00 to 15:00.
Note: shuttles to the restaurant at the Casela nature and wildlife park operate from 9:00 to 12:00 and from 14:00 to 17:00.
- - Credit Cards Accepted: Visa, MasterCard & American Express
- - Conference Room: Capacity for 80 Persons with Audio-Visual & Professional Production Equipment
- - Baby Sitter (Upon Request)
Quiet evening entertainment, provided by small groups of musicians, who animate during cocktail hour 3 times a week.
Designed by Rodney Wright, the Tamarina Golf Course is an 18-hole, par 72 course situated on 43 acres of savannah, framed by majestic trees and traversed by the Rivière du Rempart.
Guests at Tamarina Hotel benefit from one complimentary greens fee per person per day, except on the days of arrival & departure. Golf cart and golf equipment are available with a supplementary fee. Golf lessons also available for beginners at an additional cost.
There is the possibility to play on 2 other golf courses along the southwest coast region with an additional fee: the Golf of Bel Ombre and the Hotel Paradis Golf Course.
SPA & WELLNESS
L'Acacia, is the Spa at Tamarina Boutique Hotel, offering massage and treatment packages specially designed for the well-being of its guests. Open every day from 09:00 to 22:00, do not hesitate to be pampered during your stay at Tamarina.
Revel in oriental massages or a coconut ritual provided with natural or organic products. L'Acacia also offers facials, manicures and pedicures, as well as Ayurveda therapies and intraceutical oxygen treatments.
The wellness centre includes 4 single massage cabins and 3 double massage cabins.
- - Glass Bottom Boat
- - Tennis (Free Day, Paying Night (Balls And Rackets With Extra É Ment)
- - Surfing
- - Water Skiing (Free 1 Hour Per Day)
- - Fishing
- - Catamaran
- - Kayak
NEARBY (With Supplement)
- - Unlimited Entry to Casela World of Adventure Nature & Leisure Park with its Exotic Bird Park (Activities at Additional Cost)
- - Free Shuttle Bus Transport to Casela
- - Dolphin Watching
- - Scuba Diving (PADI / CMAS Certified Instructors)
- - Big Game Fishing