« Located near the city-centre, this famous friendly hotel detains an array of activities and exciting adventures for all the family » - Natacha, Islandian Expert
Clear turquoise waters as far as the eye can see… this is what you can expect when staying at the Sugar Beach Golf & Spa Resort. Bordered by 500 meters of sugar white sand on the unspoilt west coast of Mauritius, this Sun Resorts hotel promises to turn your most daring holiday dreams into reality.
The Sugar Beach entrances you from the moment you step inside its lobby, which overlooks an azure swimming pool and the stunning turquoise sea. You will be mesmerised by the countless hues of blue. By way of an impressive walkway lined with palm trees and fountains, you will reach your room or suite, situated in Manor House – the plantation-style main building – or within one of the other 16 Creole-style villas.
An abundance of activities is designed for entertaining guests, first and foremost being the pools, which comprise a total of 2000 m3 of swimming and bathing pleasure. Couples may bask in the sun’s golden rays at the serene south pool, while families will enjoy the main oceanfront pool, with its dedicated children’s area and close to restaurants and bars. Take advantage of the many complimentary sea activities offered at Sugar Beach, such as kayaking, windsurfing or a glass bottom boat excursion. For a more thrilling experience, test your balance on the sea with stand-up paddle boarding or an early morning deep sea fishing excursion! Guests are also invited to make use of activities offered at La Pirogue Hotel, the resort’s neighbouring sister hotel.
Golf lovers are certainly in for a treat, as residents of the resort benefit from complimentary greens fees and shuttle service to Tamarina Golf Club, one of the island’s finest courses, located just 10 minutes away. For followers of wellness and fitness regimes, Aura Spa has just the right blend of massage, meditation and beauty treatments, while the Fitness Centre provides a cardio and work out room as well as a daily programme of sporting activities for everyone.
Gastronomy at the Sugar Beach is appetising, as well as being varied. Choose from fine Italian wood-fired pizzas, Mediterranean-themed buffets, Mauritian specialities, seafood delicacies and more at one of the hotels many dining venues, including lunches with your feet in the sand at Tides or a sunset cocktail and romantic dinner on the terrace of Citonella’s Café!
Covering an area of 40m², the 86 luxurious villa houses of the Sugar Beach Golf & Spa Resort face the sea. Each one has a Creole-style decoration, with twin beds, one King size bed or two Queen size beds, which can accommodate adults and children enjoying holidays together. On the first floor, the Deluxe Sea View Room is elegantly nestled at the heart of a tropical garden, offering superb ocean views from the private balcony. It also features a separate toilet and shower, as well as 2 vanities. Baby cribs are available upon request.
Capacity: 2 adults + 1 child
Covering an area of 50m², the 46 majestic "villa houses" face the sea. Each one has a Creole-style decoration, with twin beds, one King size bed or two Queen size beds, which can accommodate adults and children. Located on the ground floor, the Premium Sea View Room is elegantly nestled at the heart of lush tropical gardens, offering superb ocean views from the private terrace. It also features a separate toilet, shower and freestanding bathtub, as well as 2 vanities. Rooms with two Queen-size beds have a separate shower and toilet as well as two vanities. Kindly note that Baby cribs and connecting rooms are available upon request.
Capacity: 2 adults + 2 children
With a the surface of 40m², the 30 "villa houses" face the sea. Each one has a Creole-style decoration, with twin beds, one King size bed or two Queen size beds, which can accommodate adults and children. Located on the first floor, the Deluxe Beach Front Room is stylishly set in the middle of the tropical gardens, offering a superb sea view from the private balcony. It also has direct access to the beach and is equipped with a separate toilet and shower, as well as 2 vanities. Baby cribs are available upon request.
2 adults + 1 childt
The 30 superb "villa houses" of 50m² beautifully face the sea. Each one has a Creole style decoration, with twin beds, one King size bed or two Queen size beds, which can accommodate adults and children staying together. Located on the ground floor, the Premium Beach Front Room is nicely set at the heart of the gardens, offering a magnificent sea view from the private terrace. It also has direct access to the beach and is equipped with a separate toilet and shower, as well as 2 vanities. Kindly note that Baby cribs and connecting rooms are available upon request.
Capacity: 2 adults + 2 children
The 20 Premium Suites of 100m² each, are nestled on the ground floor in the middle of a private garden. Each is elegantly decorated in Creole style and features a spacious private terrace. The Premium Suite also features a bedroom with a King size bed and a bathroom with a separate shower and two separate toilets, 2 vanities and a freestanding bathtub. Also, you will enjoy a superb separate living room with a double sofa bed, two armchairs, a 75-inch mirror TV and a fully stocked minibar.
Capacity: 2 adults
With a the surface of 100m², the 2 Executive Beach Front Suites are located on the ground floor, offering direct access to the beach and a superb sea view, from the private and comfortably furnished terrace. The bedroom is spacious, with a dressing room, a King size bed, a lounge area, a large bathroom with toilet, shower, bathtub, and two vanities. This elegant Executive Beach Front Suite is perfect to enjoy a luxurious stay in complete discretion!
Capacity: 2 adults
Guests staying at the Sugar Beach Hotel during their holidays in Mauritius have access to all restaurants in the hotel as well as at neighbouring La Pirogue Hotel! There are 4 restaurants available at Sugar Beach for your dining pleasure.
• Mon Plaisir is the main and spacious restaurant at Sugar Beach Resort, and is open for breakfast and dinner in the form of themed buffets. There is a lovely terrace for outdoor dinners. Every evening, the restaurant offers sumptuous live-cooking displays, foods prepared on a volcanic rock grill, as well as smoked oven and brochettes, and tandoor and tepanyaki specialities.
•The Citronella's Beach Lounge Restaurant has been reinvented in August 2019 to be a fresh, dynamic and chic restaurant. From popular Spanish tapas, tempting antipasti, delectable pizzas and fresh pastas to moreish desserts, the new deck invites food lovers for a complete 360-degree experience. The restaurant is open every day, offering an A la carte lunch from 12.30pm to 3pm and an A la carte dinner from 7pm to 10pm.
• Tides restaurant is located on the beach and offers a variety of seafood dishes from around the world. Compose your own meal from the counter with its elaborate presentation of fresh fish and crustaceans. Open for lunch and dinner.• Gov's Flower is the new Sugar Beach Lounge. With its floral atmosphere, it's going to intoxicates your senses! Come and enjoy its many cocktails flavored with rose or hibiscus for example while enjoying beautiful sofas and admiring its sophisticated decor to relax completely.
• Paul and Virginia, located on the beach of La Pirogue, is just steps away from the Sugar Beach Resort. Here you will find delicious grilled seafood, shellfish and fresh fish every day at lunch. In the evening, the restaurant turns into an enchanting place for romantic dinners, always along the fisherman’s theme. For a dream holiday in Mauritius, two special evenings are offered: lobster on Wednesday evening and a seafood buffet on Friday evening.
The hotel’s 5 bars offer the opportunity to enjoy a cocktail at any time of the day:
• The Buddha-Bar Beach is the new addition to the hotel’s bars! World-famous, this bohemian beach-chic seaside restaurant bar & lounge - inspired by Goa and Ibiza – invites guests for a unique experience to remember. Contemporary gourmet dishes, innovative cocktails and sensational Buddha-Bar’s musical composition awaits discerning guests looking for the ultimate place to live out the perfect island holiday moments. Rendez-vous for lunch from 12:30 to 15:00, for afternoon snacks from 15:00 to 17:30 and for dinner from 19:00 to 22:00; followed by lively evenings on the dance floor as from 22:00 until 2:00.
• The Beach Trolley is an express service designed to serve you light snacks and drinks while you are lying comfortably on the beach. The hotel’s 4 bars give you the opportunity to enjoy a cocktail at any time of the day:
• Tides Bar, next to the pool, offers drinks from around the world and local cocktails made from the island’s own best rums. At nightfall, the bar is the setting for a highlight of nightlife with live music, entertainment and a dance floor. Open daily from 10:00 until late in the evening.
• La Brasserie (Mon Plaisir Bar), is inspired by traditional French cafes. Open from 6:00 in the morning, the bar offers continental breakfast to the departing guests or to fishermen and early risers. Following dinner, you can savour an excellent selection of old rums, whiskies, bourbons and cigars, while in the adjoining garden, an authentic craft market with live street entertainment takes place.
• The Sports Bar is located near the tennis courts and offers refreshments for tennis players and sports enthusiasts on holiday in Mauritius. It is the ideal place to follow the international sports events on the big screen. Open daily from 9:00 until 23:00.
• Citronnella Bar's is adjacent to the café of the same name and offers aperitifs just before lunch and dinner on its outdoor terrace. It is also convenient for guests coming into the nearby sailing club after a day spent on the sea. The bar is open daily from 10:00 to 23:00.
* Dress Code: casual attire during the day, correct at night (no shorts).
• Your All-Inclusive Formula at the Sugar Beach Resort:
- Buffet Breakfast- Buffet Lunch from 12:30 to 14:30 or Snacks from 14:30 to 16:30
- Dinners: 2 Buffets Per Week, 5 Menus Per Week
- Drinks: Unlimited Locally-Bottled Spirits & Alcohol from 10:00 to 12:00; Cocktails, House Wine, Local Beer, Soft Drinks, Juices, Mineral Water, Coffee, Tea, Ice Cream
- Unlimited Mini Bar
- Activities Include Kayaking, Snorkelling, Windsurfing, Volleyball On The Beach, Pedal Boating, Table Tennis, Pool Table, Mountain Biking, Darts
At the South Village of the Sugar Beach Mauritius, a replica of Hansel and Gretel’s house keeps fascinating our young guests with its fantasies such as an ice cream shower and nougat column.
At the Sun Kids Club, open from 10:00 to 22:00, a wide variety of activities, educational and fun at the same time, are set up to entertain children aged from 2 to 11 years old on holiday in Mauritius. The activities are adapted to each child’s age and particular needs. The kids club provides an internet space, a dining area with mini buffet or BBQ, a relaxation area for well-deserved naps and an independent swimming pool. A daily programme of social experiences is scheduled including cooking classes, painting, playing in the sand, as well as periodic group excursions to nearby Casela Park for discovery of the animals and birds.
A babysitting service is available on request and for a supplementary fee.
Teens are pampered, too, at the Sugar Beach, where a host of activities can be organised for children from 12 to 17 years old according to their desires and tastes. Other than all the water and land sports within reach, they may also take part in special excursions and evenings on the beach among themselves.
Every evening you will enjoy a live band at Tides Bar, featuring local artists and a jazz group, among others. Folkloric spectacles are performed around campfires on the beach, and Sugar Beach’s own DJ will be on hand to liven up the evenings until the wee hours of the morning!
For those interested in playing at the casino or dancing late into the night, visit the nightclubs and discotheques at the nearby village of Flic-en-Flac. The large conference room at Sugar Beach can also be transformed for special occasions, into a disco or gala evening as well.
The Cinq Mondes Spa is the ultimate wellness centre for beauty and wellbeing, one of the musts of Sugar Beach Hotel, where the first true Roman-style Hammam of Mauritius has been installed. With its impressive size of over 7 m, revel in the benefits of an invigorating massage or simple relaxation on the large marble treatment table.
Try the Hammam Deluxe therapy with its exotic black soap massage!
The Spa is also equipped with single and double treatment rooms and an area dedicated to shiatsu massage. There are 10 cabins and 1 hairdressing salon at your disposal, as well as a sauna and 2 cosmetic and massage cabins. The prestigious brand of cosmetics, Germaine di Capuccini (used in many Spas around the world) has been chosen for the Cinq Mondes Spa.
Sugar Beach also provides a sports and fitness centre, the Sugar Club, open from 6:00 to 19:00.
The 20˚ Sud is a sumptuous boutique hotel nestled on a private coconut-lined beach near Pointe aux Canonniers in the [...]
As from €855
Discover a charming resort adjacent to two kilometres of outstretched sand bed, hosting sumptuous isolated villas and everything you need [...]
As from €2060
In the Maldivian language, Vabbinfaru designates a circular island surrounded by a ring-shaped coral reef. A turquoise lagoon, a horizon [...]
As from €2295
Kindly note that the resort is closed for a total refurbishment of at least 24 months. This colonial-style beachside resort will [...]
As from €2535