« Spending the day lolling on canopies beds placed in the centre of the garden, prancing on an exquisite beach with golden sand at sunset…LIFE IS MAGNIFIQUE! Zen spirit during the day and village festivities at night, the Sofitel Imperial always promise very nice surprises. » - Yovanna, Islandian Expert
Seeking a blissful vacation escape? The Sofitel Imperial Resort & Spa is just the place for you to set back and rejuvenate: leave everything behind as you stroll along the sandy white beach, lapped by the warm azure waters of the Indian Ocean – your very own sanctuary.
The resort’s unique atmosphere is a fusion of Asian architecture, French design and Mauritian conviviality. All 191 luxury rooms and suites are tastefully decorated and look onto crystalline waters, offering a dreamy vista to honeymooners and families alike. Brides seeking a romantic backdrop for their wedding ceremony will find their dreams come true here, with expert assistance from the in-house wedding planner that promises a magical walk down the aisle.
Adventure lovers can practice their rowing skills on a kayak while visiting nearby Tamarin Bay, tour the lagoon on board a pedal boat, or stray from the hotel to explore the surrounding region: Flic en Flac, a seaside village with its many eateries; the zip-lines at Casela Park for an adrenaline rush; a round of golf at the world-class Tamarina Golf Course.
Epicureans will revel in the gourmet offerings at Sofitel Imperial Resort & Spa’s Jacaranda, with bespoke culinary experiences such as freshly-caught lobster on a starry night. At Ming Court, the Asian chefs put on a theatrical show, slicing and dicing with precision, while satisfying every palate. Wrap up the night with a cocktail at Tamassa Bar on the Beach, and raise your glass to a fabulous holiday in the tropics.
The Sofitel Imperial offers 143 Rooms with an area of 50 m², of which there are:
- 48 Superior Rooms. These rooms are located on the ground floor at garden level and face the sea. They have an open bathroom with bathtub and separate toilet.
- 95 Luxury Rooms. These rooms are located on the 1st and 2nd floors. 8 pairs of Luxury Rooms are connecting and 2 rooms are equipped for mobility-reduced guests.
Capacity for all Rooms: 2 adults + 1 child
For your dream holiday in Mauritius, Sofitel Imperial also features Suites which are ideal for families who spend their holidays in Mauritius. The Suites are comprised of 1 bedroom with a living room in which there is a double sofa bed (separation optional). They are also furnished with 2 bathrooms.
- 42 Family Suites with terrace or balcony offering stunning views of the Japanese garden and waterfalls.
Capacity: 2 adults + 2 children + 1 baby.
- 5 Opera Suites of 110 m² with terrace are located on the ground floor or on the 1st floor.
Capacity: 2 adults + 2 children.
- 1 Imperial Suite of 125 m² with terrace and splendid ocean views, include a spacious living room, balcony and butler service.
Capacity: 2 adults + 2 children max
There are several restaurants at the Sofitel Imperial Mauritius to delight your taste buds and provide culinary pleasure during your holidays, with fine cuisine and gourmet meals that combine the tradition of savoury French cooking and world fusion trends.
• The Ravinala Restaurant, open in the morning from 4:30 to 10:30 and in the evening from 19:00 to 22:00, is situated on an open terrace, by the pool. It is the main restaurant of the hotel and it offers varied menus and themed buffets (Asian, Creole, Indian, Mediterranean, BBQ and seafood).
• Tamassa, located on the beach, is open every day for lunch only and offers local cuisine as well as à la carte dishes. The chef's specialty: lobster.
• Ming Court, overlooking the huge swimming pool, unveils the unique delights of Chinese and Japanese cuisines, in particular its Teppanyaki. Open for dinner and closed on Sunday, reservations are required and dining is under supplement.
• Jacaranda, a gourmet restaurant offering Creole-fusion cuisine, is located by the sea for a barefoot dining experience. The atmosphere is all the more romantic as you witness magnificent sunsets during your stay at the hotel.
• The Spa by Night is open from 19:30 to 21:00 for an original and relaxing spa treatment, to enhance your dining experience! Two distinct bars complete your choice of venues while staying at the Sofitel Imperial Resort & Spa:
• Tamassa Bar on the Beach, open until midnight, is located between the swimming pool and the sea and proposes live band entertainment every night. Light meals are served at lunch time as well as a selection of cocktails throughout the day.
• Kestrel Bar: this bar overlooks the swimming pool and faces the ocean. Ideal for sipping a tropical cocktail in a discreet and refined atmosphere.
• Dress code: casual attire during the day, appropriate attire at night (no shorts).
Kid's Villa is the hotel’s kids club for children aged 4 to 12 years old on holiday in Mauritius. The club is open all year from 9:00 to 21:00 and is supervised by English and French speaking staff. A playful paddling pool and various games are available along with daily activity programs that are specially designed for children. Kids may also enjoy lunch and dinner with their holiday friends under the accompaniment of the animators.
A babysitting service is available on request and at a nominal fee.
Every evening, a live musical performance takes place at the Sofitel Imperial with a selection of themed shows and events including Sega evenings and other traditional dances.
For those who wish to play at the casino or go clubbing until the early hours, visit the neighbouring village of Flic-en-Flac.
The So SPA Imperial, open from 10:00 to 20:30 is a true haven of peace and relaxation. This Asian sanctuary of spirituality offers a wide choice of Ayurveda and aromatherapy massages, along with treatments using exotic tropical fruits, spices and flowers and the renowned Cinq Mondes products.
Book your well-being session and let yourself be taken away:
A special treat is the Spa by Night – open from 19:30 to 21:00 for an original and relaxing spa treatment, to enhance your dining experience!
NEARBY (With supplement)
Kindly note that Acajou Beach Resort shall remain closed until 2021. For any further information, our local experts remain at your entire disposal. Just [...]
As from €995
Bakwa Lodge encourages one to escape to a simpler, more relaxed way of life. To reach this eco-chic guest house [...]
As from €915
An escape to the Canonnier Beachcomber Golf Resort & Spa, perched on a sheltered peninsula overlooking two stunning beaches on [...]
As from €830
If you are convinced that the best of the Maldives is hidden from the glitz of big resorts, where [...]
As from €1585