« This East Coast resort is perfect for complete holidays on all-inclusive basis » - Natacha, Islandian Expert
*Kindly note that Shandrani Beachcomber Resort & Spa will be closed as from the 04.05.20 for renovation works. Hotel reopening is scheduled for the 01.11.20.
The discreet charm of the Shandrani Resort & Spa appeals to travellers longing to stay at the heart of a Mauritian architectural paradise. The five-star all-inclusive resort is set on a peninsula at the far, southeast tip of the island in the region of Le Chaland, and is surrounded by three exceptional beaches. Its staff embodies the celebrated Mauritian hospitality with their warm smiles and generous service, ensuring you feel at home in any one of the comfortably spacious and classically designed rooms, apartments or suites.
Ideal for families and nature lovers alike, Shandrani’s shores are adjacent to the protected Blue Bay Marine Park where you may discover the lagoon in glass bottom boats or swim – at certain times of the day only – with colourful exotic fish. Also nearby is the islet of Ile aux Aigrettes, a sanctuary for endangered birds, tortoises and endemic flora. The Shandrani Sailing Club also offers diving lessons and excursions, as well as many other ways and means for you to explore the wild and unspoiled southeast lagoon of Mauritius.
The hotel offers activities and leisure pursuits on land, too, with a 9-hole pitch and putt golf course – overlooking the sea, and the prospect of surrendering to total relaxation at the luxurious La Source Spa, where bespoke treatments promote harmony and reconnection with one’s mind, body and soul.
Adjusting to the slow rhythm of island life can take the form of long lazy lunches by the pool or dinners on your private veranda. Four restaurants and two bars cater to your wildest food cravings, including the Italian trattoria, Ponte Vecchio, and Teak Elephant, serving up exquisite Thai cuisine.
The Shandrani Beachcomber Hotel offers a choice of 4 restaurants, with an emphasis on variety and quality of every meal. Tours of the hotel kitchens are arranged every week for your pleasure to see how meals are prepared and served. There are also 2 bars for your enjoyment during your holiday in Mauritius.
· Le Grand Port is the main restaurant at the Shandrani Hotel, overlooking the bay and swimming pool, where breakfasts and themed dinner buffets are served. Buffet lunch is also available for guests staying on the All Inclusive Serenity Plus Package.
· Le Sirius Restaurant serves international cuisine and is situated at the tip of the peninsula with views onto the Blue Bay Marine Park. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner for a variety of à la carte meals, including seafood, grills, salads, sandwiches and more (reservation required).
· Ponto Vecchio specialises in Italian and Mediterranean-style cuisine and is situated at the heart of the entertainment area of the hotel, serving à la carte lunches and dinner.
· Teak Elephant serves delightful Thai cuisine in a garden setting and caters to adults and guests over 12 years of age. Open for dinner only, reservations are required.
· Sirius Bar (open until 00:30) or Blue Bay Bar (open until midnight) provide snacks and light food during the day.
· Hail one of the Beach Trolleys that crisscross the beach throughout the day, offering a variety of snacks and drinks.
· Tea-time service takes place in the afternoon with crêpes in the bar Le Sirius and Le Grand Port restaurant.
· Your All Inclusive Serenity Plus Package at the Shandrani Resort & Spa is available upon arrival & up until departure
- Choice of 3 Restaurants for Lunch
- Choice of Any Restaurant for Dinner; Menu of the Day at Teak Elephant (the Hotel Reserves the Right to Close Up to 2 Restaurants at Any Time at its Discretion)
- Snacks in the Bars Between 15:00 & 17:00 (Including Crêpes)
- Drinks in All Restaurants & Bars (*from 23:30 to 00.30: Drinks With Supplement)
o Unlimited French Champagne by the Glass as From 18:00
o Imported Wines
- Local & Imported Spirits
- Mini Bar: Beers, Soft Drinks, Juices, Water Only
- Beach & Pool Services- Unlimited Access to the Sauna & Fitness Centre
- Free Sports & Leisure Activities (Except Big Game Fishing, Sailing & Kitesurfing Schools, Scuba Diving).
* Dress Code for Restaurants: Casual Smart (no shorts, Bermudas, beach or sportswear allowed at night)
The mini kids club at Shandrani Hotel offers a host of activities and daily entertainment for children from 3 to 12 years old on holiday in Mauritius. Open year-round from 9:30 to 21:30, the club has a private playground as well as an indoor pavilion with entertainment and TV areas. A day excursion is organised once a week for the kids. Also available are buffet lunch and dinner services, with menus catering to children’s tastes, either at the Le Grand Port restaurant or within the mini club itself.
A babysitting service is available day and night on request and at a supplementary fee (24-hour reservation required).
A Teens Club opens its doors during school holidays for teenagers staying in Mauritius. Activities, excursions and special evenings are arranged for them during this period.
The Shandrani Beachcomber Golf Resort & Spa as from 1725 €
Book your 7-night stay in half-board basis, including flights from Paris and transfers; and get 30% off on your reservation, applicable on all suites and rooms categories for the following hotels:
*Conditions apply. Price is per person and offer is applicable for all suites and rooms categories excluding villas. Offer is non-cumulative and non-retroactive, for all reservations from 12th to 25th March 2019, and all stays from 4th to 31st October 2019.
There is a lot going on at the Shandrani Hotel during the day with activities and sports competitions for everyone. In the evenings, a musical group or duo provides entertainment every night of the week. Do not miss out on the theme shows offered 4 times a week, including a traditional folkloric Sega show.
The Blue Bay Bar, at the heart of the entertainment centre, is open until midnight and serves delicious tropical cocktails. For special evenings or during a major international sporting event, the conference room is transformed into a large, friendly meeting with a giant screen.
Shandrani Resort & Spa invites you to relax at Spa Beachcomber, open from 11:00 to 20:00, where a multitude of massages and well-being therapies are offered in its peaceful sanctuary spanning an area of over 1780 m². Treatments include Shandrani’s own wellness products, Be Beautiful.
The facilities at the Spa include:
- 16 Massage Cabins including 3 Doubles, Each Room has its Own Relaxation Area with Bath + Deckchair + Outdoor Shower
- 1 Body Wrap Room
- 1 Hydrotherapy Room
- 2 Rooms Specialising in Shiatsu & Thai Massage
- 2 Ayurveda Rooms
- Hairdressing Salon & Beauty Treatment Room
- 2 Facial Treatment Rooms
- 1 Sauna & 1 Hammam Reserved for Guests of the Spa
- Relaxation Area & Pool
- Fitness Centre in Annex
The Diving Center at the Shandrani Resort & Spa promotes environmental education and highlights the beautiful nearby Blue Bay Marine Park. The centre offers courses in diving along with the possibility of achieving international certification during your stay. 3 dive excursions are organised per day under the supervision of qualified PADI/CMAS instructors.
Shandrani Sailing Club is recognized by the "International Sailing Association" and is a member of the "Mauritius Yachting Association". It also benefits from the expertise of Mauritian graduates and instructors trained at the French sailing school Glénans.
Dive training classes for adults and children are available and combine theory and practice. Full training takes an average of five days. All equipment is furnished by the centre.
Diving certification is issued upon completion of the course.