« An atmosphere of madness during the day and comfortable rooms in the evening, what else for a memorable stay? » - Patrice, Islandian Expert
The Ravenala Attitude, is located along Turtle Bay, on the west coast at Balaclava, and is the only 4-star All Suite hotel on the island of Mauritius. Forming part of the Attitude chain of new-generation hotels, Ravenala integrates the local Mauritian lifestyle within its assortment of activities, notably through the Otentik Attitude experience that allows guests to immerse themselves in the vibrant local culture through rich encounters such as dining with a Mauritian family, learning to speak creole, taking Mauritian cuisine and Sega dancing classes, shopping for exclusive Made in Mauritius products, and more.
Combined with everything one usually finds in a resort, families and groups on vacation in Mauritius will be charmed by the multitude of possibilities that also include the mini club Ayo Le Dodo, for youngsters, as well as Teens Republic, a club for older kids, ensuring fun for everyone. Couples, too, can take advantage of the Adults Only section of the hotel or get away to the spa for the day.
Wood, thatch, rattan, and traditional Jouy fabrics are just some of the materials chosen for the interior décor that symbolises a Mauritian art of living that blends colonial architecture and heritage with vibrant tropical colours. A group of young, local artists came together to paint the Taba-J, a small snack-bar trailer. No less than ten restaurants and four bars are available, offering a wide variety of gastronomic appeal, from sushi and beach barbecues to grilled seafood served at the floating restaurant. Ravenala Attitude also offers a Dine Around option for guests to fully enjoy all the cuisines of the world.
The Ravenala Attitude offers a wide variety of culinary experiences with 10 restaurants scattered throughout the resort, including 7 which are accessible on half-board basis under the Dine Around concept. Each of the 10 restaurants offers a unique identity to Ravenala Attitude guests, whether it be in the décor and atmosphere or in the gastronomic experience.
● The Main Restaurant, which is open for breakfast from 7:00 to 10:00 and dinner from 18:30 to 22:00, provides meals in the form of an open buffet, whereby you may choose your food and dine in tranquillity.
● Indulge in typically Asian dishes in the Ravenala Attitude’s Asian Restaurant, which is open 6 days a week, for dinner only (reservation required).
● Open for dinner only, the Italian Restaurant invites you to visit Italy through its exquisite dishes which include pizza, pasta and many other typically Mediterranean dishes. It is also open 6 days a week, upon reservation.
● During your stay in Mauritius, the Beach Restaurant at Ravenala Attitude welcomes you for a late breakfast ... ideal for those who love sleeping in during the holidays. It is also open for à la carte lunch and dinner (on reservation).
● Offering an à la carte menu, the Industrial Restaurant is open for dinner only, from 19:00 to 22:00, 6 days a week.
● For a light lunch, snacks, sandwiches, salads and local specialties, head to Taba-J, which offers casual seating around the beach bar. Open until 17:00, take a tea break, served with cakes and crêpes.
● The Mauritian Restaurant at Ravenala Attitude (ex-La Plantation) allows you to immerse yourself in Mauritian culture by savouring local dishes prepared by the chef. It is open only for dinner, 6 days a week (reservation required).
● The Floating Restaurant is a restaurant that offers seafood cooked on the grill and is open only for dinner. Discover the flavours of the sea thanks to its à la carte menu, 6 days a week, by reservation.
● Looking for an intimate meal with your partner? Discover the Sushi Bar, reserved for adults and Executive Suite guests only. It offers a fine and delectable Japanese cuisine.
● Island BBQ is open for lunch and dinner, offering a convivial atmosphere ideal for lovers of barbeques and grilled foods.
● If you are looking for a place to relax while sipping a cocktail, the Main Bar, located by the swimming pool, is ideal and open all day. Service is also available for lunch and snacks from 12:30 to 17:00.
● The Beach Bar offers refreshments, local cocktails made from the best Mauritian rum and other drinks. Its access to the swimming pool and the beach makes this bar a privileged and very lively place during the day.
● The Lobby Bar is located near reception in the lobby and is open all day. Piano bar animation provided in the evening from 18:30.
● Do you have the urge to have fun and let go? The Lounge Bar is the hotel's nightclub bar, and is open throughout the night until the early hours of the morning (from 22:00 to 7:00).
● The Industrial Bar, the place for tapas, is open in the evening for sports fans who wish to follow their favorite teams and matches.
● Try the Dine Around experience during your Ravenala Attitude vacation, at the following restaurant venues: Main, Asian, Italian, Beach, Industrial, Island BBQ, and the Mauritian restaurant.
● Take advantage of the “All-in, All-out Culinary Voyage” during your stay at the Ravenala. This meal plan includes:
- Breakfast at the Main Restaurant & Lunch at the Beach Restaurant or at Island BBQ or at Taba-J
- Dine Around Experience in 7 Restaurants
- Snacks, Sandwiches & Selection of Drinks Offered at the Lounge Bar Night Club
- Selection of Local & International Drinks at the Bar, from 11:00 to 23:00- Mini Bar Drink Selection
- Tea, Coffee & Local Sweets in the Afternoon
- Salty Discoveries in the Evening, during Cocktails
- Tea & Coffee In-Room Service- Picnic Basket for Excursions
● The + is the opportunity to have your meals in another hotel of the Attitude Group (limited to a selection of restaurants, reservations 24 hours in advance, dependent upon availability).
- Transfer Costs at Customer’s Account
- 20% Discount at Spa Attitude for Bookings between 9:00 & 14:00 (Min 5 Nights at the Hotel)
- Full Supplement, Per Person, Per Night (Applicable to the Entire Family, Residents of the Same Room or Those Sharing Adjoining Rooms, including Children)
- Valid Upon Arrival at the Hotel & Until Departure
*Dress Code: Acceptable apparel required at restaurants and bars (no pareo nor swimwear), and elegant and casual clothing for dinner (no shorts)
The Ravenala Attitude proposes the facilities of the mini kids club, Ayo Le Dodo, for the entertainment and pleasure of children aged 3 to 12 years. Open from 9:00 to 23:00, the kids club allows parents time to partake in their vacation together while the children are kept active and busy enjoying their own pursuits. A multitude of activities are offered at the club: make-up parties, treasure hunts, shows, cooking classes, open-air cinema ... all under the supervision of qualified staff members and providers.
Teens Republic is provided for older kids from 12 to 18 years staying at the Ravenala Attitude. There is an array of activities on offer, including a pool table, TV room and video games, table tennis, karaoke, internet access, open-air cinema and more. The club is open from 09:00 to 23:00.
You will also enjoy live musicians and bands who perform from Monday to Saturday. Or if you want a less upbeat tempo, enjoy an early cocktail with soft music, available at the hotel every evening.
During the summer, while staying at the Ravenala Attitude (ex-La Plantation) during your holidays in Mauritius, a "Pool Party" is organized on Saturdays, allowing you additional relaxation and fun.
Looking to be pampered while vacationing in Mauritius? The Spa Attitude, open daily from 9:00 to 20:00, offers treatments inspired by the essentials of Mauritius’ natural surroundings - its land, sea and plants - for your complete physical and spiritual well-being and relaxation.
The Spa Attitude has 10 single cabins, 2 double massage rooms with private hydro-massage bath, 2 hydrotherapy rooms, a Vichy shower, a beauty and hairdressing salon, Ham-mam (for use by 16+ years), a sauna, and a relaxation room.
Live the authenticity of Mauritius while discovering the Otentik Attitude Experience!
Immerse yourself in the Mauritian lifestyle through the activities offered at the Ravenala Attitude Hotel:
Otentik Dinner: dine with & share a memorable encounter with a Mauritian family (organized once a week, on reservation & with supplement).
Otentik Discovery: Attitude Hotels offers an app for you to download to your smartphone that gives access to guided tours: off the beaten track, discovery of exceptional sites, encounters with the community ... Collect your Mauritius travel memories in a notebook offered by the establishment.
Otentik Bazar: this is a weekly "Made in Mauritius" market organised at the Ravenala Attitude Hotel. Discover Mauritian handicrafts & nice souvenirs to take home with you: rattan baskets, homemade jams, recycled sailcloth bags ... proceeds benefit the crafters only.
Otentik Cuisine: discover how to cook a typical Mauritian recipe thanks to a culinary class organised by the hotel, & held in our own Otentik trailer!
Otentik Music: a stay punctuated by the local musical universe with the discovery of traditional instruments & Mauritian artists, Sega performances & more.