Designed to charm all generations of your family, the Outrigger Mauritius Beach Resort gives new meaning to the word paradise. Nestled on the unspoilt and wild southern coast of Mauritius, the resort is blessed with a peaceful, rural charm that emanates from stunning views along an endless blue horizon and a backdrop of encircling mountains and forests.
Guests are immediately immersed into an authentic experience: the rooms, suites and an exclusive villa all have contemporary Mauritian interiors and provide ample space for 3 persons as well as for large families or groups of six to twelve. Active travellers will love the broad range of outdoor pursuits, including snorkelling, kayaking, or discovering the neighbouring Frederica Nature Reserve – 1300 hectares of hilly green landscapes, undulating plains and waterfalls – on foot or by quad bike. The Heritage Golf Club, a renowned 18-hole championship course, is just a few minutes’ drive away.
If experiencing local delicacies tickles your taste buds, the award-winning chefs at Mercado will concoct a simple and savoury meal for you. Sand-floored Willie’s Rum and Crab Shack welcomes you for marlin steak, kari zak (jackfruit curry), and venison from Chamarel, all of which pair perfectly with a smooth cocktail created from the celebrated rums of Mauritius. Couples may also renew their wedding vows at Outrigger Mauritius with a spiritual sunset ceremony involving a pyramid of light Reiki ritual, generating an energy so strong that love fills the air.
Ocean View Room
For your stay in Mauritius, the Outrigger Mauritius Beach Resort offers 85 Ocean View Rooms, each with an area of 63 m² and stunning views of the turquoise lagoon.
Spacious and elegant, these are very beautiful bedrooms with king-size or twin beds (7 Deluxe Rooms), a large bathroom with double bathtub, shower, 2 washbasins, toilet and dressing room, as well as a lovely veranda furnished with armchairs and a coffee table.
Capacity: 2 adults + 1 child - 12 yo or 3 adults
Family Room with Ocean View
The Outrigger Hotel’s 37 Ocean View Family Rooms, with an area of 74 m², offer a vacationing concept that is unique to the island, providing satisfaction and intimacy for both parents and children on holiday in Mauritius!
The master bedroom, dedicated to the comfort of adults with its king-size bed, a lounging chair and work space, communicates with a second smaller bedroom, equipped with bunk beds and a television for entertaining children.
As with the Deluxe Rooms, the bathroom is surprisingly spacious with its double bath, shower, toilet, 2 sinks and a walk-in closet. Guests will also enjoy the pretty furnished terrace that opens off of the master bedroom.
Capacity: 2 adults + 3 teenagers - 17 yo + 1 baby
Junior Sea Front Suite
The Outrigger Mauritius Beach Resort offers 22 Junior Beach Front Suites, located just a few steps from the sea, with an area of 78 m², and breath-taking views of the Indian Ocean.
Ideal for couples, theses suites have the same facilities as the Deluxe Rooms plus access to the Club Lounge facilities. An additional plus to the bathroom – equipped with shower, large dressing room, 2 washbasins, and a toilet – is the double whirlpool bath, perfect for moments of absolute relaxation with your partner!
Capacity: 2 adults + 1 child
Beach Front Senior Suite
Located at the edge of the sea, the 2 Senior Beach Front Suites of the Outrigger Resort & Spa offer you expanded comfort with an area of 145 m², comprising a large bedroom with king-size bed and comfortable armchair, a bathroom with shower, 2 wash basins, toilet, dressing room and double whirlpool, as well as a nicely furnished veranda and a private swimming pool.
Everything you need for your dream holiday in Mauritius! As with the Junior Suite, guests of these suites have access to the facilities and services of the hotel's private Club Lounge.
This category is the only one which can communicate with another room (Beachfront Suites)
Capacity: 2 adults + 1 child
The Outrigger Resort & Spa also offers a luxurious Beach Front Villa with living space of over 275 m² for your trip to Mauritius! This exceptional Villa encompasses a spacious living / dining room which opens onto a large veranda with two armchairs, two low tables and a superb double day bed.
Each of the two main bedrooms have a king-size bed, en-suite bathroom with shower, 2 sinks, a large walk-in wardrobe, toilet and a beautiful Jacuzzi, as well as private terrace with armchairs, coffee table and day bed. 2 smaller separate children's rooms have their own bathroom with shower and toilet, and will delight your children during their holidays in Mauritius.
And if you want to come with a larger group, 2 adjoining Club Rooms may be booked in order to turn the Villa into a true family home!
To enhance your experience, the hotel provides a Villa Butler who is at your service any time of the day, in full discretion. Access to the hotel's private club, The Plantation Club, is also offered by the hotel.
Capacity: Up to 8 adults, 4 teenagers + 2 children (under 3 years)
- - Air Conditioning
- - Safe
- - Dressing Room
- - Hair Dryer
- - Free Wi-Fi
- - Coffee Machine
- - Ironing Table & Iron
- - Crib or High Chair on Request Without Supplement
- - Tea & Coffee Facilities
- - Room Service
- - Separate Toilet
- - Mini Bar
- - Housekeeping: Daily
- - Flat Screen TV
- - Twin Beds in 7 Deluxe Sea View Rooms
- - Bathroom: Double Bathtub & Shower / Jacuzzi from the Junior Sea Front Suites
The kitchen is an important component at the Outrigger Mauritius and you will not be disappointed by its 3 restaurants, each with a different choice of flavourful meals and concepts.
- • Mercado is the main restaurant of the hotel and is located on the ground floor. It is open from 12:30 till 15:00 for lunch. This restaurant also offers a unique culinary experience for dinner while you are in Mauritius with its open kitchens that allow you to interact with the chefs. Every evening there is a selection of 6 open buffets (Indian, Chinese, sushi bar, etc.) with a selection of 40 to 50 different dishes for you to choose including a carnivorous dinner per week!
- • Discover Rouben's Wine Room – near the Mercado restaurant – a superb cellar that features the best wines from around the world. You may also host a private dinner, wine & cheese tasting parties here, with prior reservation.
- • Edgewater Bar & Grill is a modern and elegant restaurant at the Outrigger located at the edge of the beach and overlooking the swimming pool and lagoon. Open for lunch and dinner, you will find its menu a la carte including a selection of sandwiches, salads, hamburgers, pizzas and other light meals during the day, as well as sumptuous fish, meat, poultry or seafood dishes in the evening. Its plus? Customers can create their own menu every night, along with the mode of cooking (grilled, steamed or stir fried in a wok)! During peak season, breakfast (a la carte/buffet) is also offered.
- • Willie’s Rum & Crab Shack provides a variety of crab specialties and seafood platters, accompanied by the best local rums (with supplement).
- • For cocktail enthusiasts, visit Blue Bar, the main bar at the Outrigger, for an extraordinary culinary journey! Possibility to have breakfast (Dress code : Relax).
- • The hotel's gourmet restaurant, The Plantation Club, is located in the Club Lounge, and will transport you to another time with its colonial ambiance. An innovative cuisine is served up combining a variety of international cooking styles and locally harvested products. The restaurant opens for light lunches and à la carte dinners, uniquely to guests staying in the Suites and the Villa.
• Those staying in one of the Club Lounge categories will benefit from the advantages offered by this private club, including:
- - Room Service from 10:00 to 18:30
- - Canapés, Tea Room & Lounge Dedicated to Wine Tasting upon request with supplement.
- - Access to the Private Pool & Relaxation Area, with Unlimited Internet
- - Privileged Access to the Spa, Sauna, Hammam, Water Massage Shower & Solarium
- - The Lounge may also be Booked for Private Evenings & Dinners
• Dress code: casual attire during the day; casual chic at Mercado and appropriate attire at The Plantation Club at night.
- - Free Wi-Fi Internet
- - Lounge for arrival & departure
- - Luggage Room available 24 Hours a Day
- - Check-in : 14h00 - check-out : 12h00
- - News Stand
- - Library
- - Business Centres
- - Concierge services
- - Housekeeping
- - Wake-Up & Message Services
- - 24-Hour Security Service
- - Vows renewals ceremony on Fridays (with supplement on other days)
- - Hotels Boutiques
- - Laundry & Ironing Services
- - Room Service
- - Babysitting service
- - Beach services
- - Tour Desk & Car Rental
- - Taxis
- - Infirmary
- - 3 Modular Meeting Rooms for Groups of 14 to 60 Persons
- - The Coral Kids Club, a mini club located near the beach, is open daily from 10:00 to 22:00 (closed at 17:00 for a break) for children between 3 and 12 years on holiday in Mauritius. A number of activities are proposed for them; they will especially appreciate the swimming pool with its super slide which promises many moments of fun! The children also have a small kitchen at their disposal in the club, ideal for lunches and snacks. The beach restaurant at the Outrigger welcomes them for dinner.
- - A babysitting service is available upon prior request, and for a nominal fee.
- - Teens also have a program adapted to them, in order to make the most of their holidays on the island!
- - Visit the Ice Candy Shop for some delightful moments.
Discover Mauritian culture by attending spectacular Séga shows, and learn about the traditional dance of Mauritius!
The Plantation Club offers, in addition to its gourmet restaurant, the use of its private club throughout the day to Outrigger VIP guests, including exclusive service around its private swimming pool and gardens, and an outdoor lounge and bar with breath-taking views of the plains and mountains of South Mauritius.
SPA & WELLNESS
The Outrigger Mauritius offers you a voyage of discovery and absolute well-being in its Navasana Spa. Rediscover the love and respect of self and one another, by yourself or with your partner, while savouring the delicious massages, body and facial treatments, Hammam, sauna, Jacuzzi, and more, which are offered during your stay at the hotel. Open from 11:30 to 20:00, Navasana Spa uses an array of signature treatments by Aromatherapy Associates of London and has:
- - 8 cabins for Water Therapies, including Hydro-Massage, Jet Shower, Hydrotherapy
- - 8 cabins for Shiatsu, Facial, Manicure, Pedicure, & Massage Treatments- 3 Double Cabins including 1 VIP cabin with Bath, Shower & Private Garden
- - 2 Saunas, 2 Hammams (free access to customers)
- - Relaxation Room, Solarium & Private Swimming Pool - Beach Yoga
- - Swimming Pool (4 Pools, including One Main, & 1 Children's Pool with Slide)
- - Beach
- - Windsurfing
- - Dinghy
- - Tennis (2 courts éclairés, prêt de raquettes, balles payantes)
- - Ping Pong
- - Bocce Balls
- - Volleyball
- - Glass Bottom Boat
- - Snorkeling
- - Fitness Room open 24/24
- - Aqua Gym
- - Pedal Boats
- - Board Games (on Request)
- - Kayak
- - Deep Sea Fishing
- - Kite surfing at C Beach
- - Catamaran
NEARBY (With supplement)
- - Golf (18-hole championship golf course at Château de Bel Ombre, just a few minutes from the hotel)in collaboration with Heritage Golf and Avalon
- - Excursions to the Valriche estate for hiking, mountain biking, 4x4 or quad biking randonnées à pied, VTT, 4X4 ou quad.