« This hotel is simply ideal for your next family holidays, with a wide range of activities on a historical site of the island » - Natacha, Islandian Expert
€2,475 | Price per couple – A 7 night stay in Prestige Room, on half-board basis
Maritim Resort & Spa Mauritius encapsulates the island’s colonial past, and will delight those with a penchant for history and culture. Set on a 62-acre estate, along the north western coast at Balaclava, between the capital, Port Louis, and the coastal seaside town of Grand Bay, this five-star resort has a unique offering, providing an array of activities and leisure from horse riding to a state-of-the-art spa. A useful attribute of the hotel is that members of the staff speak English, French and German.
The hotel proposes 190 rooms and suites across a wide variation of accommodation styles for a choice that appeals to both couples and large families. The little ones will make new friends at the Turtle Kids Club, which owes its name to Turtle Bay, the protected lagoon in front of the hotel. You may wander the estate’s extensive grounds where endemic plants grow on the banks of Citron River, and age-old trees intertwine with the historical 18th-century ruins. Nestled on the domain is an enchanting colonial mansion, Le Château Mon Désir, now a fine gastronomic restaurant serving exquisite local produce prepared according to the finest French culinary tradition.
There is plenty to do in and around the hotel. Apart from lounging on the pristine beach and enjoying the myriad water sports available through the Diving Centre, you will want to be sure to take full advantage of your holidays and ride one of the equestrian horses, visit the animal farm, play a round of golf, try your hand at archery, or simply spoil yourself with a blissful afternoon at the Maritim’s Tropical Flower Spa – for an afternoon of pure bliss and well-being.
With no less than six eating venues and three bars, Maritim Resort & Spa Mauritius truly offers something for every palate. All-Inclusive and Premium All Inclusive packages are available for those travellers who simply want the peace of mind of knowing that a meal or snack is awaiting them at any moment of the day. No matter your preference, Maritim will exceed your expectations time and time again.
The Maritim Hotel has six restaurants to satisfy every craving you may have, whether it be a simple snack, a barbecue on the beach or a gourmet dinner.
● The main restaurant, Belle Vue, is situated on terraces of varying levels, under a vast roof with wood and thatch structure, offering excellent views of the pool and the sea. The restaurant is open for breakfast and lunch for buffet service and at dinnertime, where you may enjoy the buffet meals or order from the menu.
● The gourmet restaurant, Le Château Mon Désir, has been completely recreated inside a typical mansion, and is harmoniously integrated into the Historic Ruins of Balaclava, located on the property of the Maritim Resort. It is recognized as one of the best restaurants on the island. With its colonial architecture and its meticulous decoration, the restaurant is a tribute to the bygone past of the island.
Two private dining rooms can accommodate a dozen people each and are appropriate for group dinners. The restaurant offers fine international cuisine upon reservation and served à la carte. It is open for dinner, and for afternoon tea on the weekends and Sunday brunch. It is also possible to reserve the restaurant for special events during your stay in Mauritius.
● The beach restaurant, La Marée, offers specialty seafood and grilled dishes served à la carte in a very relaxed and casual atmosphere. Open every day for breakfast from 7:30 to 10:30; lunch from 12:30 to 14:30; and dinner from 19:00 to 22:00.
● Le Banyan is an Asian-Fusion restaurant, which will serve both the traditional Peking duck as well as lobster in the Hong Kong fashion. Enthusiasts of Japanese gastronomy will appreciate its sushi signature platters prepared live by the chef. Visit the culinary Asian delights while staying in Mauritius.
● Les Filaos Beach BBQ is the place for relishing in a barefoot-in-the-sand meal by the sea. Enjoy this friendly outdoor restaurant and bar any time of the day from 12:30 to 21:30 (dinner begins at 19:00), and stop by for themed evenings too.
● Lakaz Kreol Experience serves up a unique 5-course Creole menu under a kiosk in the garden, while typical music is played for your enjoyment. Available for 2-10 guests from 19:00 to 21:30 Monday to Saturday.
The Maritim Resort & Spa also offers three bars on its premises where you can relax, have a drink or munch on snacks:
● Quarter Deck Bar is the main bar overlooking the sea with panoramic views of the bay and a maritime atmosphere. Come here for cool cocktails, cold beers and tasty snacks and wines. Open from 09:00 to 1:00 in the morning.
● Pool Lounge is a comfortable and relaxing bar within the pool. Snacks are served from 12:30 to 23:00 and tea from 15:30 to 18:30.
● La Marée Beach Bar is nestled in the shade of coconut palms on the beach for drinks, snacks and grilled dishes during the day. Theme evenings take place here and a bonfire is held Monday to Saturday from 21:00 to 23:30 (accessible to adults only), as well as live musical entertainment.
*Dress Code: each dining venue has its own dress code. Please check with the reception for details.
The Maritim Hotel's Turtle Kids Club is one of the few sandy mini-clubs in Mauritius.A variety of activities is proposed to your children while staying at the Maritim Resort & Spa: other than water and outdoor sports, there are also pony rides and visits to the resort’s animal farm where they will find chickens, ducks, geese, goats and sheep. They will certainly look forward to stopping by the giant tortoise park where toddlers will delight in these ancient reptiles which form a special attraction in Mauritius.
The mini club is for children from 3 to 11 years old and is open daily from 9:00 to 22:00. The kid's club is well fenced, secure and your children will be under the supervision of qualified hostesses.A babysitting service is offered day and night, upon request with 24-hour reservation and a supplementary fee.
The Cube Teens Club at the Maritim Resort & Spa is in turn, the space for teenagers. There they will find video games, ping pong tables and many other facilities available for their use. A programme of activities, supervised by a professional instructor, has been created especially for them, so that their stay proves to be as memorable as yours.