Amidst lush tropical gardens, LUX* Grand Gaube is enveloped by a series of protective coves that open onto a turquoise lagoon whose expanses and depths are conducive to a myriad of nautical activities. Two pristine beaches complete the scene for this voluptuous sanctuary nestled in nature’s playground. Completely re-imagined, this 5-star luxury resort – situated on a secluded peninsula near a northern fishing village and just 10 minutes’ drive from Grand Bay – is a traveller’s paradise where eclectic retro-chic meets barefoot luxury.
Once again, interior designer Kelly Hoppen delivers a fresh take on a vacation lifestyle that’s effortlessly sophisticated, yet blissfully informal. The hotel’s concept of modern luxury denotes a sense of real freedom, with plenty of personal space. All 186 suites and villas have private, furnished, and sea-facing balconies, allowing for endless moments to relish the views. The gardens are dotted with swaying hammocks and secluded shady spots for time alone – or together with a loved one.
When it comes time to eat, LUX* Grand Gaube will never leave you wanting, with its full palette of eating venues and bars for every taste bud under the sun. Two of these offer no less than ten dining experiences, in addition to a global culinary journey to places such as Peru, Argentina, or Turkey. Sweet or savoury treats are also on offer around the resort to the delight of one and all – from the organic Café LUX* to specialty ice creams at ICI.
As a true destination resort, you will be spoiled with an abundance of activities, whether they invite you to relax in ultimate peace, or to expel your energies in an intensive day of sporting. The sensational LUX* Me Spa is a must during your visit and no one will want to pass by the surplus of water sports to be had in this part of the island. Fitness buffs will love the gym, or if tennis or golf are your preference, sessions and outings will be arranged for your pleasure. Not to be left out, kids will love PLAY Mini Club, and there is Studio 17 for the teens.
To top things off, there are two swimming pools – one is heated, and the other one is located in the adults-only, Banyan zone. With an easy living, smile-inducing personality, LUX* Grand Gaube delivers the best of all worlds, where resort living has never looked, tasted, or felt so good.
The 69 Superior Rooms of 51 m² at LUX Grand Gaube are located on the first floor featuring a balcony. The rooms are comfortable and equipped with a large double rainfall shower. Connecting rooms are available in this category for larger families and groups.
Capacity: 2 adults + 1 teen (-16 years old) / child / baby
Clustered around a secluded bay, the 46 Deluxe Rooms of 51 m² are located on the ground & first floors of the adults-only section, providing peace and privacy for your holiday in Mauritius.
Capacity: 2 adults + 1 teen; or 3 adults
The 34 Junior Suites of 56 m² are exclusively located on the ground floor with direct access to the beach. These spacious suites feature a secluded wood deck terrace.
Capacity: 2 adults + 1 teen / child / baby
The 11 Family Suites of 85 m² are expansive and perfectly suited for a family beach holiday. With king-sized bed and large double sofa beds for children, these suites boast a spacious bathroom, two separate toilets and walk-in dressing room.
Capacity: 2 adults + 3 teens / children / babies
Romantic Junior Suite
LUX* Grand Gaube offers 21 Romantic Junior Suites of 70 m², designed for couples on holiday in Mauritius. These suites are located on the second floor and have a spacious balcony featuring chill-out lounge chairs and an outdoor bathtub just for two.
Capacity: 2 adults + 1 children/teen/baby)
Prestige Junior Suite
Set by a secluded bay in the adults-only section, and situated on the ground floor, the 2 Prestige Junior Suites of 75 m² feature an expansive terrace with a sun-drenched lounge, a dining area and an indulgent private pool. It is possible to book connecting rooms for larger families and groups.
Capacity: 3 adults or 2 adults + 1 teen (from age 16)
The 2 Ocean Villas of 100 m² are sumptuous two-bedroom residences set in their own private landscaped gardens, featuring a private pool with outdoor lounge and dining area. These villas provide exclusive 24-hour butler service for ultimate luxury, privacy and comfort.
Capacity: 4 adults; or 2 adults + 2 teens / children / babies
The resorts’ LUX* Villa of 300 m² is the ultimate vacation residence designed for the highest level of privacy, with an outdoor lounge and relaxation deck, a huge private swimming pool and dining gazebo. This two-bedroom villa is set on its own peninsula with direct beach access, and guests are provided with 24-hour butler service.
Capacity: 4 adults; or 2 adults + 2 teens / children / babies
- Baby: under 3 years old
- Child: From 3 to 11 years old
- Teen: From 12 to 17 years old
- - Air Conditioning
- - Safe
- - Bathrobes / Slippers
- - Hair Dryer
- - Free Wi-Fi
- - 220-240 Volt Universal Sockets
- - 55” LED Interactive Television & Movies on Demand
- - Telephone with IDD
- - USB Port
- - Dressing Room
- - Full Length & Magnifying Mirrors
- - Tea-Making Facilities & Café LUX* Coffee Machine
- - Mini-Bar refilled daily (complimentary in All Inclusive basis only)
- - King-Size Beds
- - Furnished Balcony or Terrace
- - Bathroom with Shower, Separate Toilet & Bath Amenities
- - Bathroom with Bathtub (Except Superior Rooms)
- - Private Sunbed (Except Superior Rooms & Junior & Family Suites)
- - Ceiling Fan (Except Superior Rooms & Junior & Family Suites)
- - 24-Hour Room Service – Tray Charge Applies
- - Veranda bathtube - Romantique Suites
- ● Palm Court is the resort’s main restaurant open for breakfast and dinner, featuring live cooking stations with seating and chef encounters. Expect to experience Glass Box / Fresh Station, Mediterranean Tapas, South East Asian Kitchen, Comfort Kitchen, Bakery & Dessert Bar, and the Wine Experience at the Tastevin. You can also enjoy Tepanyaki Cuisine with complimentary fees.
- ● Beach Rouge serves à la carte lunches and dinners in its casual venue by the beach. Both the restaurant and lounge offer drinks and dining for easy relaxation during your holidays. A DJ will warm you up some evening during your holidays.
- ● Bodrum Blue is an à la carte restaurant that serves cuisine inspired by Bodrum’s convivial coastline and Turkey’s vibrant capital city. Enjoy the panoramic vistas overlooking the sparkling blue ocean from its waterside positioning along the peninsula. Open for lunch and for dinner.
- ● Under the Banyan offers an irresistible combination of dining experiences under the shade of a spectacular age-old banyan tree. This adults-only venue provides lunchtime and afternoon fare at Creole Smoke House, Burger Shack, Rum Treehouse (88 kind of rhum), and French Kiss Mobile Bar.
- ● INTI offers à la carte dining in the evening (excluding sunday) with its cultural blending of typical foods from Peru and Argentina, set within three distinct spaces: the Hot Salsa open grill kitchen, the Ceviche, Tiradito & Pisco bar, and a dedicated pastry station with un-skippable sweet treats. Latin lounge music and love seats complete the intimate ambiance in this ocean-side retreat. INTI is excluded from all meal plans, and offers 30% discount/credit to guests on Half Board / Full Board / All Inclusive meal plans but is not included in any basis.
- ● Palm Court Bar is open from 10:00 to midnight. Relax and enjoy the outstanding sea views while savouring a range of international spirits and expertly created cocktails, prepared by the expert mixologists.
- ● G&T 100 Club is the ultimate gin bar open in the evenings for the perfect sunset aperitif. (100 types of gin from all around the world).
- ● Café LUX* was created with the belief that great coffee is a must, not a luxury. Enjoy the renowned LUX* organic blend, fresh roasted onsite, in a truly different café setting. Open all day from 7:00 - 22:00.
- ● ICI knows that a holiday without ice cream is like an infinity pool without water! LUX* guests deserve the very best, so they’ve created their very own ice cream brand, ICI. Enjoy flavour combinations such as Sicilian Pistachio Variegato and Bubble Gum in home-made waffle cones, baked right before your eyes. Open every afternoon.
Note: LUX* Grand Gaube wants you to relax throughout your stay, but as a courtesy to other guests, please refrain from wearing wet clothing or uncovered swimwear during breakfast or lunchtime. Evening wear is smart casual after 18:00. Gentlemen, no flip-flops or shorts in the restaurants and bars during dinner time please; long trousers are required in all our restaurants. (All the restaurants are non smoking but there is some smoking areas)
- - High Speed Internet & Wi-Fi In All Rooms & Common Areas of the Hotel
- - Special Facilities For Disabled or Mobility-Reduced Persons
- - Shower & Luggage Room For Early Arrivals & Late Departures
- - Check-In: 14:00 – Check-Out: 11:00
- - Photo fanatics (drône courses, shooting)
- - News Stand
- - Currency Exchange
- - Credit Cards Accepted: American Express, Visa, MasterCard, Diners Club, Union Pay China
- - Beach Towels
- - Children Amenities
- - Welcome Amenities & Complimentary Bottle of Water
- - Library - Wanderlust
- - Heliport For Airport / Hotel Transfers
- - Conference Room of 45 m2 with Capacity For 18 to 30 Persons
- - Cinema Available – Seats 60: Children (19:30+) & Adults (21:30+) – Can Be Transformed Into a Large Conference Room For Up to 60 Persons
- - Boutiques
- - Delicatessen
- - Laundry Service
- - Excursion Counter
- - Car Rental
- - Taxis
- - Limousine Service
- - Infirmary
- - Organisation of Weddings, Renewal of Vows Ceremonies & Private Dinners
- - Beach & Pool Service
So that your children can make the most of their stay in Mauritius, the LUX * Grand Gaube hotel offers PLAY Kids Club, where children from 3 to 11 years old have fun and play safely under the supervision of the qualified facilitators. Lunch and dinner are served at the main restaurant in a space specially dedicated for them. During periods of the year when there are a large number of children, special buffets may sometimes be organised. The club is open from 9:00 to 22:00 daily.
A babysitting service is available, with 24-hour reservation and an additional fee.
Teenagers are not forgotten, and there is a dedicated club for those aged 12 to 17. Studio 17 offers a wide variety of activities in its games room, open from 9:00 to 22:30, including billiards, ping pong, electronic games, and table football. Daytime activities, excursions, and special evenings may be organised during busy periods of the year.
Guests are entertained every evening on the resort premises by Mauritian performers. The edge of the pool is the scene for this nocturnal animation where jazz or theme programmes are provided. The management offers a cocktail to its guests every Tuesday from 19:00 to 20:30.
One of LUX* Grand Gaube's most popular activities is its 60-seat cinema where free daily screenings of films or documentaries are offered.
You may also relax and enjoy the sunset with evening yoga and tai chi classes on the beach – offered several times a week from 17:00.
SPA & WELLNESS
Guests at LUX* Grand Gaube will not want to miss visiting its spectacular LUX* Me Spa – a world unto itself with 11 treatment rooms and 3 pools offering cold, ambient and heated bathing experiences. The spa showcases oils created exclusively by Shirley Page and Carita Haute Beauté provides a luxurious range of face and body treatments using a unique combination of scientific knowledge with a blend of natural ingredients.
The extensive facilities – covering an area of two acres – also includes a sauna and steam room, a Murdock barber shop, hairdressing salon, and a nail station offering premium manicures and pedicures. The Wellness Concierge provides bespoke programmes and nutritional advice tailored to your individual needs, and yoga and meditation classes, as well as Mind, Body and Soul coaching are available. The spa is open daily from 9:00 to 19.30 and is reserved for guests 18 years and above.
- - 3 Beaches Set Along the Serene Lagoon
- - 3 Pools Including One Reserved For Adults
- - Water Skiing
- - Wind Surfing
- - Mini Sails
- - Kayaking
- - Glass Bottom Boat
- - Free Diving
- - Sport Catamaran Sailing
- - Snorkelling
- - Aqua Gym
- - SUP
- - Tennis – 4 Synthetic Grass & Floodlit Courts / Paddle Tennis / Tennis Balls Available With Supplement
- - Ping Pong
- - Darts
- - Beach Volleyball
- - Soccer Balls
- - Bocce Balls
- - MOTR (movement on the roller)
- - Yoga
- - Tai Chi
- - Fitness Room
- - PADI Diving – Aquarius Diving Centre
- - Dolphin Excursion
- - Catamaran Trips
- - Private Water Skiing
- - Speedboat Excursions
- - Deep Sea Fishing
- - Kite Surfing
- - Tubing
- - Exclusive Excursions To Ile aux Deux Cocos
- - LUX* Air Seaplane
- - ATV
- - Bicycles
- - Games Room Including Pool Table, Electronic Games, Baby Foot
- - LUX * Grand Gaube Driving Range
NEARBY (With Supplement)
- - 18-Hole Golf at Mont Choisy Golf Course – world-class green is 25 minutes from the hotel