An escape to the Canonnier Beachcomber Golf Resort & Spa, perched on a sheltered peninsula overlooking two stunning beaches on the north of the island, promises an unforgettable family vacation within a sanctuary brimming with Mauritian character. The resort draws travellers back to a long-lost era, paying tribute to its rich historical past by preserving monumental relics such as an 19th-century lighthouse, a former stone fortress and ancient cannons dating to Napoleonic battles on this same coastline.
Nestled amidst 17 acres of lush tropical gardens studded with cascading pools and secluded ponds, the resort blends into its natural surroundings. Meticulously designed in warm neutral tones, natural woods and thatched roofs, it emanates a serene atmosphere, reflected further in the unique spa retreat nestled within the branches of bicentennial banyan trees. As a favoured family resort, the Canonnier provides a plethora of activities, including just about every water and terrain sport imaginable, plus archery, yoga, bocce ball and more. The Kids’ Club – housed in the lighthouse – is a highlight for the younger members of your brood.
Guests can indulge in the All-inclusive option, which provides access to three equally alluring restaurants and unlimited handcrafted cocktails to keep you hydrated while lounging on the white sand beaches of the sunny shores. Though the hotel is renowned for being the quintessential peaceful getaway, it is also conveniently located just minutes from the vibrant seaside town of Grand Baie, perfect for those wanting to explore the region and its nightlife.
As you look out over the shimmering Indian Ocean from the Canonnier Golf Resort & Spa, with waters so blue they rival the sky, be advised – you may never want to leave!
Canonnier Beachcomber Golf Resort & Spa offers 104 Standard Rooms having an area of 24 m²: They all have a private terrace or balcony, as well as a bathroom with bathtub and toilet. The room interiors are designed with rectilinear shapes and discreet colours, for a combination of elegance and simplicity.
- - 48 Standard Rooms offer beautiful sea views and a bathtub and shower
- - 56 Standard Rooms overlook the beautiful tropical garden with a shower
Capacity: 2 adults + 1 child (under 6 years)
96 Superior Rooms, each have an area of 28 m² and 3 of them can accommodate disabled people. More spacious than the Standard Rooms, these rooms are decorated in a contemporary style and feature a large modern bathroom with bathtub and separate toilet, as well as a private terrace or balcony.
- - 46 Superior Rooms offer magnificent views of the turquoise lagoon
- - 50 Superior Rooms have a view of the beautiful tropical garden
Capacity: 2 adults + 1 child
There are 16 Deluxe Rooms of 50 m², located on the ground or the first floor, which are all facing the beautiful turquoise ocean. The Suites feature a furnished balcony, and the bathroom includes a bathtub and toilet.
Capacity: 2 adults + 1 child
41 Family Duplexes, with an area of 32 m² and located on the first floor, have been designed on two levels as "Lofts" and are situated at the heart of the hotel, near to most of the facilities. There is a double bed on the ground floor for the parents, and two single beds in the upstairs mezzanine for the children. They all have a balcony or a terrace and a large bathroom with bathtub, shower and separate toilet.
- - 26 Family Duplexes are sea facing
- - 15 Family Duplexes are nestled in the gardens
Capacity: 2 adults + 3 teenagers less than 18 years old
Located on the garden level or upstairs, each of the 25 Family Apartments, with an area of 70 m², has a terrace overlooking the hotel’s immense central garden. There is a master bedroom with double bed, and the bathroom is equipped with bathtub, shower and toilet. A second bedroom has twin beds (possibility to add a third bed), as well as en-suite shower room and toilet.
Capacity: 4 adults; or 2 adults + 3 children + 1 baby
These 2 Suites are the most exclusive rooms of the hotel. Covering an area of 50 m², they are set back from the main areas of the hotel, with spectacular views of the sea and particularly onto the northern islands. The interiors, finished in blond wood with shutters and rattan, are enhanced by a few bursts of colour; and constitute the perfect universe favourable to a romantic vacation or honeymoon in the sun.
Capacity: 2 adults + 1 child
- - Air Conditioning
- - Free Wi-Fi in the whole resort
- - Hair Dryer
- - Safe
- - Telephone with International Direct Dialling
- - Television with Satellite Channels
- - Minibar included in the All-Inclusive package and refiled once a day
- - Complimentary Tea & Coffee Facilities
- - 220 Volt Electrical Outlets
Canonnier Beachcomber Golf Resort & Spa houses 3 restaurants with very different atmospheres and cuisine styles ... for an exceptional dining experience!
● Frangipanier is the main restaurant of the hotel. Surrounded by coconut trees, it is next to the swimming pool and bordered by a terrace made of exotic wood. This restaurant offers buffet service for all meals and themed evenings at dinnertime. Enjoy snacks, light fare and other tasty food under the two cosy straw huts intimately situated not far from the main restaurant and swimming pool.
● The Navigator Restaurant provides a colonial setting with stunning views onto the sea and islands of the northern coast of Mauritius. This restaurant invites you for à la carte lunches or dinners, and offers a wide selection of cocktails. Here you will enjoy the superb "Lobster Platter" or the "Tasting Menu" for dinner.
The diner is included in the half-board package and the all inclusive package
● La Serenata is the latest restaurant to open at Canonnier Beachcomber Golf Resort & Spa. A refined and intimate restaurant, it opens its doors for dinner only, 6 evenings a week. On the menu are Italian specialties with a blend of Mediterranean flavours. You can enjoy your menu on half-board package and all-inclusive package.
● Le Planteur is the main bar, located at the heart of the tropical gardens, where you will enjoy tasty home-made tropical cocktails and sandwiches. It is open from 9:00 to 23:00.
● The Navigator Bar opens its doors from 11:00 in the morning. In the late evening it transforms into a disco where you can dance until the wee hours of the morning (2:00) to the sounds of the DJ.
*Dress code: casual chic attire in the evening (shirt and trousers for men)
● All-Inclusive Package at Canonnier Beachcomber Golf Resort & Spa includes:
- - Full Board with Unlimited Drinks from the Proposed Selection (from 9:00 to 23:00)
- - Sandwiches in All Bars (from 10:00 to 16:00)
- - Crêpe Tasting (between 16:00 & 18:00)
- - Picnic Basket for Excursions Outside the Hotel
- - Drinks from the Mini Bar
The All Inclusive Package also gives you the opportunity of having lunch and/or dinner in one of the restaurants of the Beachcomber Group’s other nearby hotels: Victoria or Le Mauricia.
This package is available when you arrive at the hotel and up until your departure.
- WIFI access (in specific common areas)
- 3 Rooms are Equipped for Mobility-Reduced & Disabled Persons
- Check-In:14:00 & Check-Out:12:00
- Shower & Luggage Room for Early Arrivals & Late Departures
- Credit Cards Accepted: American Express, Visa, MasterCard, Diners
- Currency Exchange
- News Stand
- Baby care room
- Boutiques - golf equipment available
- Car Rental
- Conference Room (Seats 100 Persons Theatre Style)
- Laundry & Dry Cleaning Services
- Continental Breakfast from 7:30 to 10:30 (Tray Charge)
- Room Service from 7:30 to 18:30 (Tray Charge)
- Babysitting (24-Hour Notice)
Children 3 to 12 years are welcome to come to Cannonier's Kid Club, the kids’ club nestled in the spectacular gardens of the hotel resort, and offering a host of daily entertainment and activities. Children will feel at ease and believe they are in a real castle! The mini club is open daily from 9:30 to 21:00 and operated by a qualified team. Children may eat lunch and dinner at the main restaurant, where a dedicated area is set up with their own tables, chairs and buffet service.
According to the number of teenagers from 13 to 17 years in the resort, they will enjoy the multitude of sports and activities offered at the teen’s club, as well as socializing with other kids of the same age.
An amazing mini golf (Putt Putt) designed par Peter Matkovich is also available!
A babysitting service is available, upon request with 24-hour notice and for a fee. Biberonnerie offers milk, yoghurt, bananas, sterilizers and bottle warmers and welcome child from 0 to 3 years old.
Band music is played in the evening 5 days of the week from 19:00 to 23:00, cultural shows are held in a small outdoor amphitheatre that turns into a dance floor at night. Classical music is performed at sunset.
Sporting tournaments and other activities are offered throughout the day.
SPA & WELLNESS
The Le Banian Spa at Canonnier Beachcomber Resort has been beautifully built within an age-old banyan tree and has 6 suspended massage cabins, including 3 double cabins, for offering aesthetic treatments. The Spa opens to the outside with a very rustic layout that combines thatch, bamboo planks and wooden floors.
- Fitness Centre opens from 7:30 to 19:30 from 16 years old
- Sauna & hamamm opens from 9:00 to 19:30
- Swimming Pool (1 Large Swimming Pool & 1 Shallow Children’s Pool)
- Water Skiing
- Glass Bottom Boat
- Pedal Boats
- Diving in the Pool
- Aqua Gym
- Stand-Up Paddle
- 3 Lighted Tennis Courts (Complimentary Use of Racquets / Balls availaible at the boutique)
- Ping Pong
- Bocce Balls
- Yoga, zumba, body balance and muscular awakening initiation (1/week)
- Scuba Diving (at Le Canonnier Diving Centre)
- Deep Sea Fishing
- Mountain Biking
- Tennis Balls
- Pool Table
NEARBY (with supplement)
- Golf – 18-Hole par 72 – at Mont Choisy Le Golf, just minutes from the Canonnier Resort
- Green Fee, Club Car & Transfer to Golf Course
- Historic guided tour on tuesday and thursday