An escape to the Canonnier Beachcomber Golf Resort & Spa, perched on a sheltered peninsula overlooking two stunning beaches on the north of the island, promises an unforgettable family vacation within a sanctuary brimming with Mauritian character. The resort draws travellers back to a long-lost era, paying tribute to its rich historical past by preserving monumental relics such as an 19th-century lighthouse, a former stone fortress and ancient cannons dating to Napoleonic battles on this same coastline.
Nestled amidst 17 acres of lush tropical gardens studded with cascading pools and secluded ponds, the resort blends into its natural surroundings. Meticulously designed in warm neutral tones, natural woods and thatched roofs, it emanates a serene atmosphere, reflected further in the unique spa retreat nestled within the branches of bicentennial banyan trees. As a favoured family resort, the Canonnier provides a plethora of activities, including just about every water and terrain sport imaginable, plus archery, yoga, bocce ball and more. The Kids’ Club – housed in the lighthouse – is a highlight for the younger members of your brood.
Guests can indulge in the All-inclusive option, which provides access to three equally alluring restaurants and unlimited handcrafted cocktails to keep you hydrated while lounging on the white sand beaches of the sunny shores. Though the hotel is renowned for being the quintessential peaceful getaway, it is also conveniently located just minutes from the vibrant seaside town of Grand Baie, perfect for those wanting to explore the region and its nightlife.
As you look out over the shimmering Indian Ocean from the Canonnier Golf Resort & Spa, with waters so blue they rival the sky, be advised – you may never want to leave!
Canonnier Beachcomber Golf Resort & Spa houses 3 restaurants with very different atmospheres and cuisine styles ... for an exceptional dining experience!
● Frangipanier is the main restaurant of the hotel. Surrounded by coconut trees, it is next to the swimming pool and bordered by a terrace made of exotic wood. This restaurant offers buffet service for all meals and themed evenings at dinnertime. Enjoy snacks, light fare and other tasty food under the two cosy straw huts intimately situated not far from the main restaurant and swimming pool.
● The Navigator Restaurant provides a colonial setting with stunning views onto the sea and islands of the northern coast of Mauritius. This restaurant invites you for à la carte lunches or dinners, and offers a wide selection of cocktails. Here you will enjoy the superb "Lobster Platter" or the "Tasting Menu" for dinner.
The diner is included in the half-board package and the all inclusive package
● La Serenata is the latest restaurant to open at Canonnier Beachcomber Golf Resort & Spa. A refined and intimate restaurant, it opens its doors for dinner only, 6 evenings a week. On the menu are Italian specialties with a blend of Mediterranean flavours. You can enjoy your menu on half-board package and all-inclusive package.
● Le Planteur is the main bar, located at the heart of the tropical gardens, where you will enjoy tasty home-made tropical cocktails and sandwiches. It is open from 9:00 to 23:00.
● The Navigator Bar opens its doors from 11:00 in the morning. In the late evening it transforms into a disco where you can dance until the wee hours of the morning (2:00) to the sounds of the DJ.
*Dress code: casual chic attire in the evening (shirt and trousers for men)
●WIFI access (in specific common areas)
●3 Rooms are Equipped for Mobility-Reduced & Disabled Persons
●Check-In:14:00 & Check-Out:12:00
●Shower & Luggage Room for Early Arrivals & Late Departures
●Credit Cards Accepted: American Express, Visa, MasterCard, Diners
●Baby care room
●Boutiques - golf equipment available
●Conference Room (Seats 100 Persons Theatre Style)
●Laundry & Dry Cleaning Services
●Continental Breakfast from 7:30 to 10:30 (Tray Charge)
●Room Service from 7:30 to 18:30 (Tray Charge)
●Babysitting (24-Hour Notice)
Children 3 to 12 years are welcome to come to Cannonier's Kid Club, the kids’ club nestled in the spectacular gardens of the hotel resort, and offering a host of daily entertainment and activities. Children will feel at ease and believe they are in a real castle! The mini club is open daily from 9:30 to 21:00 and operated by a qualified team. Children may eat lunch and dinner at the main restaurant, where a dedicated area is set up with their own tables, chairs and buffet service.
According to the number of teenagers from 13 to 17 years in the resort, they will enjoy the multitude of sports and activities offered at the teen’s club, as well as socializing with other kids of the same age.
An amazing mini golf (Putt Putt) designed par Peter Matkovich is also available!
A babysitting service is available, upon request with 24-hour notice and for a fee. Biberonnerie offers milk, yoghurt, bananas, sterilizers and bottle warmers and welcome child from 0 to 3 years old.
Band music is played in the evening 5 days of the week from 19:00 to 23:00, cultural shows are held in a small outdoor amphitheatre that turns into a dance floor at night. Classical music is performed at sunset.
Sporting tournaments and other activities are offered throughout the day.
●Fitness Centre opens from 7:30 to 19:30 from 16 years old
●Sauna & hammam opens from 9:00 to 19:30
●Swimming Pool (1 Large Swimming Pool & 1 Shallow Children’s Pool)
●Glass Bottom Boat
●Diving in the Pool
●3 Lighted Tennis Courts (Complimentary Use of Racquets / Balls availaible at the boutique)
●Yoga, zumba, body balance and muscular awakening initiation (1/week)
●Scuba Diving (at Le Canonnier Diving Centre)
NEARBY (with supplement)
●Golf – 18-Hole par 72 – at Mont Choisy Le Golf, just minutes from the Canonnier Resort
●Green Fee, Club Car & Transfer to Golf Course
●Historic guided tour on Tuesday and Thursday