Families and couples in quest of the ultimate Mauritian beach vacation need look no further than well-known La Pirogue, a resort that has been cultivating the charm of authenticity for 40 years. Dedicated to offering a full panoply of beach and nautical activities, this west coast hotel continues to assure its place in the dreams of honeymooners, couples looking to revive their love with a romantic getaway, and families eager to spend quality time with loved ones.
Decorated in a Boho Chic display of lively colours, the hotel preserves the natural and traditional feel you know and love – maintaining its memorable thatched roofs so typical of the tropics – while combining the use of newer, more durable materials and an updated design. 248 distinct Bungalows and Pavilions are delicately poised at ground level, so as to boast views onto the iconic coconut grove and the turquoise lagoon. Each has its own private furnished terrace.
Dining at La Pirogue has never been finer and guests enjoy access to a total of five restaurants and three bars, for a never-ending variety of tastes and treats. First stop for adults will likely be Cinq Mondes Spa, for a well-deserved relax, though with so many outdoor happenings, you will be spoiled for choice during your stay. These include activities for everyone in your party, including kids and teens, who will love the Sun Kids Club or Teens Club, depending on their age. Offsite excursions are aplenty, especially nearby Casela Nature Park, and world class golfing at Tamarina or Ile aux Cerfs. Music lovers will marvel at the state-of-the-art, professional Recording Studio, and there is a superior Wine Cellar for aficionados of Dionysius’ preferred sustenance, which may also be reserved for private parties.
With one of the longest and best beaches in the Indian Ocean, wide angle views that include picturesque Le Morne Mountain to the south, and a setting that is close to most centres of the island, La Pirogue provides the ideal starting point for holiday adventures in Mauritius.
Garden View Family Bungalow
The 32 Garden View Family Bungalows of 50 m2 are made up of 2 communicating Garden Bungalows, each room equipped with king size or twin beds and its own private facilities, including a bathroom and separate terrace. Amenities are provided, such as bathrobes, bath products, and mini bar, as well as specially conceived items for children: a step to facilitate access to the sink and a welcome basket.
Capacity: 5 person configuration, comprising 4 adults (maximum)
Premium Garden Bungalow
The 76 Premium Garden Bungalows of 25 m2 each are semi- detached with thatched roofs, king or twin beds, and a private furnished terrace. These Bungalows are situated in a quiet location away from the main building, and offer sea views. Espresso machine in the room is resupplied daily and there is a Bluetooth sound system that can be connected to your Bluetooth-enabled device.
Capacity: 3 adults maximum
The 40 Beach Pavilions of 35 m2 offer guests the option of a king size bed or twin beds. Each Pavilion has a private terrace, and is located just steps from the beach with clear views onto the lagoon and the sea.
Capacity: 3 person maximum configuration
Deluxe Family Beach Pavilion
There are 6 Deluxe Family Beach Pavilions of 70 m2 each made up of 2 communicating Beach Pavilions, and comprising 2 separate bedrooms. Each bedroom has a king size or twin beds and its own private facilities, including a large bathroom and separate terrace. Amenities are provided, such as bathrobes, bath products, and mini bar, as well as specially conceived items for children: a step to facilitate access to the sink and a welcome basket.
Capacity: 6 person configuration, comprising 4 adults (maximum)
Senior Suite Pavilion
The 2 Senior Suite Pavilions of 78 m2 are each located in individual pavilions with thatched roofs. Furnished with king size or twin beds, you will enjoy personalized service in these elegant and luxurious rooms.
Capacity: 2 adults maximum
- - Individual Climate Controlled Air-Conditioning
- - Electronic Safe
- - LED Flat Screen TV – Selection of Satellite Channels in 4 Languages
- - Wi-Fi
- - Telephone
- - Tea & Coffee Facilities
- - Mini Bar
- - Bathroom With Bathtub, Shower & Separate Toilet
- - Slippers
- - Bathrobe
- - Toiletries
- - Hair Dryer
- - Electrical Sockets
- - Private & Furnished Terrace
- - All Rooms at Ground Level With Views Onto A Coconut Grove
At La Pirogue Hotel you will partake in a delightful blend of gastronomical pleasures as you explore a culinary voyage of savours from around the world.
- ● Wolmar Restaurant is the main restaurant at the resort, open for lunch and dinner. It offers a variety of sumptuous buffet meals, influenced by Asian, Indian and Mediterranean gastronomy, as well as the splendours of our own Mauritian cuisine. For those who rise early in the morning, a continental breakfast is available on reservation.
- ● Van Der Stel Wine Bar – adjacent to Wolmar Restaurant – offers a selection of 60 wines which you may sample to your hearts content. Our sommeliers will propose the perfect wine to marry with your meal, for exquisite dining pleasure. The Wine Bar also provides a lunchtime or dinner venue for light dining, or a place to appreciate a glass of wine with friends at the end of the evening.
- ● The Medine Bar is not far from the main restaurant. It is the place to partake in one of the specially concocted tropical cocktails or any other drink that pleases you during your stay at La Pirogue. Choose from the bar’s wide selection of the best local rums. You will also enjoy live shows and music on select evenings.
- ● Le Morne Beach Bar is situated on the beach and offers all-day service for drinks and light meals in its casual and relaxed setting. It's the perfect place to watch the splendid sunset at the end of the day. In the evening, you may enjoy an aperitif around the campfire, or while listening to music proposed by the house DJ or a live band.
- ● Magenta Seafood Restaurant, set along the beachfront, is the perfect setting for a romantic dinner. Under an intimate thatched hut, you will relish fresh grilled fish and seafood, imaginatively prepared for you from the sophisticated choice of lobster, giant shrimp, oysters and scallops. A seafood barbecue is proposed on Friday. Open Monday through Saturday.
- ● Coconut Café serves up a special blend of Mauritian coffee, along with a vast choice of Mauritian-style street food, in a casual setting by the pool.
- ● Citronella's Café is reminiscent of an Italian market and overlooks the turquoise sea. Here you will find light lunching fare such as pizzas, piping hot from a wood stove, and sumptuous salads. At dinnertime, an inspiring choice of authentic Italian cuisine is served.
- ● Tides is situated on the main beach at neighbouring Sugar Beach Hotel, open for lunch and dinner. The restaurant offers an international cuisine that celebrates the delicacies of the sea. Guests may compose their own meal selection from the wide array of fresh shellfish, mussels, oysters, as well as the large choice of sushi and sashimi. At lunchtime, a light meal is proposed for dining by the pool.
- - Free High Speed Wi-Fi Throughout the Resort
- - 1 Standard Room Specially Equipped For Handicapped & Reduced Mobility Persons
- - Shower & Luggage Room For Early Arrivals & Late Departures
- - Concierge Counter for Catering Services
- - Check-in: 14:00 / Check-out: 12:00
- - Currency Exchange
- - Library
- - Hotel Boutique
- - Laundry & Dry Cleaning Services
- - Tour Operator
- - Car Rental
- - Taxi Stand
- - Medical Service
- - Conference Rooms Accommodating From 150 (Banquet) To 225 Persons (Meeting) / Modular Fixtures Available For Smaller Groups / Audio, Video & Conference Materials Available According To Requirements
- - Wine Cellar Room for Special Events
The Sun Kids Club provides a world of fun and activities for children aged 2 to 11 years. A huge selection of activities are proposed, as well as dining menus, buffet meals and barbecues specially designed for children. The club is open daily from 9:00 to 22:00.
Children 2 - 3 years old are to be accompanied by a parent or babysitter (early childhood professionals available for a supplementary fee.
The Teens Club is the ideal meeting place for 12-17 year olds. Many activities are organised for their entertainment, including sports and games, outings and excursions, and special evenings for teens only.
A Professional Music Studio with fully digitalised equipment is situated in the hotel. A sound engineer is on hand to ensure the operation of the studio. Workshops can be organised for all ages, and adapted to one’s interest in every process of music production (sound engineer, producer, DJ, musician, singer). Create your own sound and become the music star of the day.
Live spectacles and musical entertainment is offered in several of the bars and restaurants on a regular basis. Check the resort schedule of events for more information.
SPA & WELLNESS
Cinq Mondes Spa is the well-being sanctuary for those looking to revitalise their energy and with massage and wellness cures, beauty treatments, and intense sports activities; all provided by expert therapists and trainers. Open from 9:00 to 19:00, facilities at the Spa include:
- - Hammam – Exclusive To Mauritius, Including Heated Pool
- - Individual & Couple Treatment Cabins
- - Shiatsu Space
- - Hair Salon For Women & Men
- - Aura Fitness Centre – 300 m2 Air-Conditioned Space
- - Martial Arts Room For Enthusiasts of Taebo, Kick-Boxing, Judo & Karate
- - Kayak
- - Laser & Small Dinghies
- - Pedal Boats
- - Glass Bottom Boat Tours
- - Zayak
- - Windsurfing
- - Stand Up Paddle
- - Aqua Gym In The Pool
- - Water Polo
- - Aerobics
- - Stretching & Yoga Classes
- - Giant Chess
- - Handball
- - Frisbee
- - Jogging
- - Football
- - Table Tennis
- - Beach Volleyball
- - Badminton
- - Mini Golf
- - Scuba Diving (PADI Diving Courses)
- - Big Game Fishing
- - Boat Banana & Toboggan Tubing
- - Catamaran Excursions
- - Underwater Diving
- - Dolphin Sighting Excursions
- - Tennis Lessons With Professional Coach
- - Mountain Biking
- - Hiking
NEARBY ( With supplement)
- - Golf – Ile Aux Cerfs (Greens Fee Only)
- - Golf – 18 Hole Course At Tamarina Golf Club, Designed By Wright Golf Design
- - Hunting – Wolmar (June to September )
- - Cascavelle Shopping Village
- - Quad Biking – Casela Nature Park
- - Zip Line – Casela Nature Park