« The all-inclusive formula of the Heritage Awali allows you to spend your family holidays with great serenity. I always admire its warm and convivial spirit elaborated by an original African decoration. You feel so alive, just as comfortable as at home, but better. » - Natacha, Islandian Expert
If you are looking for a perfect family getaway, look no further! Heritage Awali Golf & Spa allows you to immerse yourself into a typically tropical sanctuary, surrounded by breath-taking views of the sublime south coast of Mauritius and acres of natural and lush greenery. Conveniently located on Le Domaine Heritage Bel Ombre, this all-inclusive resort prides itself on its affordable yet luxurious facilities, granting access to Frederica Nature Reserve, Seven Colours Spa, – one of the largest spa villages in the Indian Ocean – and a multitude of recreational activities like wind surfing, snorkelling or archery.
The resorts’ 154 deluxe rooms and suites and exclusive villa seduce with their contemporary African décor, vowing a feeling of oneness with nature. With interconnecting rooms for families, and clubs for both Kids and Teens, parents will feel at ease knowing that their children are entertained; what better time to indulge in a glass of complimentary sparkling wine or a soothing spa treatment!
Heritage Awali is also a golfer’s paradise: a challenging 18-hole course interspersed with lakes and favoured by champion golfers, is ideal for beginners or advanced players looking to hone their skills. Guests at the resort are exempt from greens fees, allowing you to spend endless hours perfecting shots.
Do savour the gourmet seafood at Infinity Blue restaurant, bare toes in the sand; relish the blend of Indian spices at Zafarani Restaurant, the Swahili word for “saffron”; guzzle on a meticulously-concocted cocktail at Zenzi Bar; and complete your night with a moonlit stroll on the beach.
Capacity: 2 adults + 2 children (under 12 years), or 1 teenager; 3 adults.
During your stay at the Heritage Awali Mauritius, you may also choose to stay in one of 5 Senior Suites with an area of 100 m² and located on the beach front. They feature a spacious bedroom, a separate living room and a beautiful bathroom with hot tub. These suites also have a lovely private terrace, which offers a magnificent view of the turquoise lagoon.
Capacity: 2 adults + 2 children (under 12 years or 1 teenager) or 3 adults.
The Villa at the Heritage Awali Hotel is a haven of comfort, with its African-style decoration as well as a large terrace, beautiful garden, private pool and gazebo ... everything to assure a great holiday for you in full privacy in Mauritius! The entrance sets the tone with its small garden and a water fountain and stream which flows beneath your feet.The Villa has a spacious living room / dining room and 3 bedrooms: 1 double bedroom on the ground floor and 1 on the first floor, each have a beautiful bathroom that opens onto the bedroom with Jacuzzi tub, shower, ample dressing room and separate toilet. The children's bedroom has its own bathroom with shower. The Villa is perfect for families on holiday in Mauritius.Also included is a kitchenette, wherein the Villa Master will prepare your meals and take care of your special needs. BBQ may be organised upon request.Please note that this villa may be booked in its entirety or partially: the 2 double bedrooms can be rented separately and turned into a Honeymoon Suite. In this case, you will not have access to the pool and garden, although there continues to be private access to the sea. This villa being away from the centre of animation allows couples to enjoy moments alone in the greatest intimacy!
Capacity: 4 adults + 2 children (under 12 years); 6 adults.
One of the highlights at the Heritage Awali Hotel are its 6 dining venues that will awaken your taste buds and delight you during your holidays in Mauritius.
● Savana is the main restaurant featuring international cuisine. A continental breakfast is served between 05h00 and 07h00, followed by a buffet until 10h30, and dinner between 19h00 and 22h00. Vegetarian and gluten-free menus are available. To complete your meal, a qualified Sommelier and wine expert will guide you in your choice. There is also a corner reserved for adults with 40 seats.
● Infinity Blue, the beach and pool restaurant, opens its doors from 12:00 to 15:00 for a light lunch and from 19:00 to 22:00 for romantic à la carte dinners at the edge of the water (upon reservation). This non-smoking restaurant specialises in international cuisine in the evening, while menus may also be designed for vegetarians staying at the hotel.
● For a romantic dinner or among friends, go to Zafarani Restaurant with its intimate oriental ambience. Open from 19:00 to 22:00, the à la carte menu is typically Indian (upon reservation). This restaurant is non-smoking and is reserved exclusively for adults.
● Amafrooty is open from noon every day during your stay in Mauritius and serves light lunches by the pool: A la carte menu of salads, sandwiches and Paninis as well as ice creams.
● Once a week at the Awali, head to the Boma, an African-style outdoor family restaurant, where you will savour deliciously grilled foods around a campfire on the beach.
● Zenzibar and Infinity Blue Cocktail Bar are the venues which let you satisfy your cravings during the day, with snacks, crêpes, waffles and more.
● Heritage Awali also proposes that, while in Mauritius, you take part in a sumptuous dining experience at Heritage Le Château, a not-to-be-missed gourmet restaurant which serves lunch or dinner by candlelight and is adjacent to the golf course. This colonial-style former residence offers the savoury delights of traditional Mauritian cuisine in a timeless setting near to the hotel.
● The O'Grill restaurant of Heritage Golf Club is open during the day for light lunches or just a drink, while admiring the view on the greens of the Golf Club.
● During your stay, you may also dine at Gin'ja, the pan-Asian restaurant of the Heritage Le Telfair Hotel.
● C Beach Club, located by the sea, is the essence of the “Sea, Sun and Sand Experience” in Mauritius. At C Beach Club you will find 2 restaurants and a lounge bar:
- Cyan Restaurant: Mediterranean cuisine in the form of tapas, mezze and other antipasti
- Coast Restaurant: barefoot-in-the-sand, you will dine on rotisserie, pizzas and grilled vegetables
- Chill Lounge Bar: the perfect place to relax and experience tropical moments with the smooth sounds of lounge music
● Dress code: appropriate dress required.
If you opt for the GOURMET BLISS formula, this unique gourmet passport in Mauritius will bring you many advantages:
• Breakfast at Annabella's or at the Heritage C Beach Club
• Lunch and dinner at the Domaine Heritage Bel Ombre restaurants
• Homemade cakes, pancakes and ice creams tastings at the Kiosque Gourmand
• Free snack
• Access to the hotel's bars
• Swimming pool and beach service
• 24-hour room service
• The restocked mini bar
• The picnic basket for any customer going on an excursion
• Unlimited free daily green fees at the Heritage Golf Club including a free golf cart equipped with a GPS for each round of golf
• Free access to the sports centre
• A tailor-made wellness program with daily activities
• Access to water and land sports
Baby Timomo is open 7 days a week from 8:30 am to 3:30 pm, and is free for babies from 0 to 35 months. Baby Timomo's nursery nurses are fully trained in first aid and childcare. Each nanny is responsible for a maximum of 2 babies. Availability is limited and on reservation.
Timomo Kids Club is open every day from 8:30 am to 11:00 pm, and welcomes children aged 3 to 11 years old.
Daytime activities :
- Gymnastics lessons with water gym/stretching/swimming
- Sports lessons with introduction to golf/tennis/badminton/athletics/children's academy/archery
- Sega lessons
- Culinary workshop at the children's club
- Cooking classes at the children's club
- Picnic in the garden of Heritage Le Château
- Slip n Slide
- Children's party at the Timomo Kids Club
- Coconut discovery at the Coco Shack
- Wii console
- Henna tattoo
- Outdoor slide
- Free SNAG (Start New At Golf) session at the Kids Club
- Bike ride
- Treasure hunt
- Educational games
- Glass bottom boat
- Introduction to the ravanne and the djembe (local music instruments)
- Outdoor cinema (weather permitting)
- Sega show and initiation and sega show
- Karaoke night
The below activities are subject to an extra charge:
- Ti chef cookery course
- Swimming course
- Golf course (from 6 years old)
- Tennis course (from 6 years old)
- Picnic at the Heritage Nature Reserve
- Yellow submarine
- BOMA for children
The Umuzi Teens Club for 12 to 17-year-olds includes the following activities:
- Discovery of local musical instruments
- Golf initiation
- Bike ride (with supplement)
- Tennis and beach volleyball tournaments
- Sega evening around the campfire
- Wii console
- Quad at Heritage Nature Reserve (with supplement)
- Horseback riding (with supplement)
- Dancing evening
- DJ Console
During your stay in Mauritius, the Heritage Awali Hotel features musical groups that will entertainment you with animated evenings, themed performances and shows including the traditional Mauritian Sega dance, where you may also join in and dance with the performers.
The bars at the Awali Hotel are available throughout your stay:
- Zenzi Bar, the hotel's main bar, open from 10:00 to midnight, overlooks the pool and lagoon and offers all kinds of tropical cocktails. A pianist plays soft music twice a week in an intimate and jazzy atmosphere.
- Infinity Blue Cocktail Bar, the beach bar, open from 10:00 to midnight, is ideal for a drink in a friendly and pleasant atmosphere with a magnificent view of the lagoon.
There is nothing better than luxuriating in relaxation and well-being, and Heritage Awali Golf & Spa offers a superb Seven Colours Spa dedicated to body and mind care, and open from 9:00 to 20:30. Designed as an African village of 3000 m², the Spa is set amidst plants, lakes, waterfalls and exuberant flowers. This little corner of paradise houses:
All Seven Colours products are natural and made in Madagascar. A personalised consultation will be held to map out your chromatic and energetic personality, resulting in the determination of the treatments that best suit your needs based on the principle of your 7 energy centres, the Chakras.
Heritage Golf Club is an 18-hole championship golf course (PAR 72). Access to the 18-hole golf course is subject to a fee, and access to the 9-hole golf course is free.
Upon your desires:
- Carts, trolleys and equipment hire
- A putting green, a chipping green, a driving range
- A Golf Academy (courses that can be filmed for better correction)
- A clubhouse, a shop, a restaurant and a bar
- A PGA Pro
- A GPS in the golf cart
- Privileged access to three other 18-hole golf courses in the region (Le Paradis and Avalon Golf Estate)
- Heritage Junior Golf Academy in association with SNAG (Starting New At Golf) for children from 6 to 12 years old (extra charge)
- Reservation at the Pro Shop and free session on Wednesdays at 11:30 am
- Footgolf on the 9-hole course (extra charge)
- All departure times can be pre-booked and pre-paid by your Islandian experts
- Guests who book the Deluxe Golf Suite, Gourmet Bliss and All-Inclusive package have access to unlimited daily rounds of golf at Heritage Golf Club + one golf cart per course per day
Kindly note that Acajou Beach Resort shall remain closed until 2021. For any further information, our local experts remain at your entire disposal. Just [...]
As from €995
Anahita Golf & Spa Resort embodies the spirit of a five-star sanctuary. The elegant resort lies along the east coast [...]
As from €1220
Bakwa Lodge encourages one to escape to a simpler, more relaxed way of life. To reach this eco-chic guest house [...]
As from €915
An escape to the Canonnier Beachcomber Golf Resort & Spa, perched on a sheltered peninsula overlooking two stunning beaches on [...]
As from €830