« The all-inclusive formula of the Heritage Awali allows you to spend your family holidays with great serenity. I always admire its warm and convivial spirit elaborated by an original African decoration. You feel so alive, just as comfortable as at home, but better. » - Natacha, Islandian Expert
If you are looking for a perfect family getaway, look no further! Heritage Awali Golf & Spa allows you to immerse yourself into a typically tropical sanctuary, surrounded by breath-taking views of the sublime south coast of Mauritius and acres of natural and lush greenery. Conveniently located on Le Domaine Heritage Bel Ombre, this all-inclusive resort prides itself on its affordable yet luxurious facilities, granting access to Frederica Nature Reserve, Seven Colours Spa, – one of the largest spa villages in the Indian Ocean – and a multitude of recreational activities like wind surfing, snorkelling or archery.
The resorts’ 154 deluxe rooms and suites and exclusive villa seduce with their contemporary African décor, vowing a feeling of oneness with nature. With interconnecting rooms for families, and clubs for both Kids and Teens, parents will feel at ease knowing that their children are entertained; what better time to indulge in a glass of complimentary sparkling wine or a soothing spa treatment!
Heritage Awali is also a golfer’s paradise: a challenging 18-hole course interspersed with lakes and favoured by champion golfers, is ideal for beginners or advanced players looking to hone their skills. Guests at the resort are exempt from greens fees, allowing you to spend endless hours perfecting shots.
Do savour the gourmet seafood at Infinity Blue restaurant, bare toes in the sand; relish the blend of Indian spices at Zafarani Restaurant, the Swahili word for “saffron”; guzzle on a meticulously-concocted cocktail at Zenzi Bar; and complete your night with a moonlit stroll on the beach.
One of the highlights at the Heritage Awali Hotel are its 6 dining venues that will awaken your taste buds and delight you during your holidays in Mauritius.
● With an ethnic décor that is inspired by its name that evokes the African grasslands, the main restaurant Savana is the place to go for breakfast. In the evening, a varied cuisine of themed buffets is offered to ensure a delicious gastronomic journey at the Heritage Awali. In the afternoons from 16:00 to 18:00, stop by to enjoy the crêpes!
● Infinity Blue, the beach and pool restaurant, opens its doors from 12:00 to 15:00 for a light lunch and from 19:00 to 22:30 for romantic à la carte dinners at the edge of the water (upon reservation). This non-smoking restaurant specialises in seafood in the evening, while menus may also be designed for vegetarians staying at the Heritage Awali Hotel.
● For a romantic dinner or among friends, go to Zafarani Restaurant with its intimate oriental ambiance. Open from 19:00 to 22:30, the à la carte menu is typically Indian (upon reservation). This restaurant is non-smoking and is reserved exclusively for adults.
● The Amafrooty Restaurant & Bar is open from noon every day during your stay in Mauritius and serves light lunches by the pool. A la carte menu of salads, sandwiches and Paninis.
● Once a week at the Awali, head to the Boma, an African-style outdoor family restaurant, where you will savour deliciously grilled foods around a campfire on the beach.
● Zenzi Bar and Infinity Blue Cocktail Bar are the venues which let you satisfy your cravings during the day, with snacks, crêpes, waffles and more.
● The Heritage Awali Hotel also proposes that, while in Mauritius, you take part in a sumptuous dining experience at Le Château de Bel Ombre, a not-to-be-missed gourmet restaurant which serves lunch or dinner by candlelight and is adjacent to the golf course. This colonial-style former residence offers the savoury delights of traditional Mauritian cuisine in a timeless setting near to the hotel.
● The Golf Restaurant and Bar is open during the day for light lunches or just a drink while admiring the view on the greens of the Heritage Golf Club.
● During your stay, you may also dine at Gin'ja, the pan-Asian restaurant of the Heritage Le Telfair Hotel.
● C Beach Club, located by the sea, is the essence of the “Sea, Sun and Sand Experience” in Mauritius. At C Beach Club you will find 2 restaurants and a lounge bar:
- Cyan Restaurant: Mediterranean cuisine in the form of tapas, mezze and other antipasti
- Coast Restaurant: barefoot-in-the-sand, you will dine on rotisserie, pizzas and grilled vegetables
- Chill Lounge Bar: the perfect place to relax and experience tropical moments with the smooth sounds of lounge music
● Dress code: appropriate dress required.
- The mini club, Timomo & Friends, welcomes children from 3 to 11 years of age to take part in its diversified activities while on holiday in Mauritius. It is open from 8:30 to 22:30 (break between 17:00 and 18:00 for kids to shower and change). Lunches and dinners are served either in the mini-club or – when there are a large number of children – in the main restaurant. A small pool / paddling pool delights the little ones at Heritage Awali.
- Baby Club opening hours are 8:00 to 16:00, outside of which a babysitting service is available upon request with 24-hour notice and at a nominal fee.
- During school holidays when many teenagers are staying at the hotel, the Teens Club, open from 10:00 to midnight, is available for kids aged 12 to 17 years. A daily schedule of activities is proposed for them to take part in, including a panoply of water and land sports.
During your stay in Mauritius, the Heritage Awali Hotel features musical groups that will entertainment you with animated evenings, themed performances and shows including the traditional Mauritian Sega dance, where you may also join in and dance with the performers.
The bars at the Awali Hotel are available throughout your stay:
- Zenzi Bar, the hotel's main bar, open from 10:00 to midnight, overlooks the pool and lagoon and offers all kinds of tropical cocktails. A pianist plays soft music twice a week in an intimate and jazzy atmosphere.
- Infinity Blue Cocktail Bar, the beach bar, open from 10:00 to midnight, is ideal for a drink in a friendly and pleasant atmosphere with a magnificent view of the lagoon.
There is nothing better than luxuriating in relaxation and well-being, and Heritage Awali Golf & Spa offers a superb Seven Colours Spa dedicated to body and mind care, and open from 9:00 to 20:30. Designed as an African village of 3000 m², the Spa is set amidst plants, lakes, waterfalls and exuberant flowers. This little corner of paradise houses:
All Seven Colours products are natural and made in Madagascar. A personalised consultation will be held to map out your chromatic and energetic personality, resulting in the determination of the treatments that best suit your needs based on the principle of your 7 energy centres, the Chakras.
The Heritage Golf Club, built nearby in the naturally hilly landscape of the region with its magnificent ocean views, offers an 18-hole course of international standards. Free and unlimited greens fees.
Beginners can also partake in the fun and learn the game with admission to the 9-hole, PAR 3 course, accessible to all.