« The LUX* South Ari Atoll is a must in the Maldives. There, you can find an exceptional culinary experience, an exclusive Spa with private over-water villas…and a secret bar hidden in the garden! » - Patrice, Islandian Expert
The very much in vogue resort is an off-the-grid retreat with just the right dose of modern luxury and unspoiled island beauty. LUX* South Ari Atoll lies on a sugary white beach that evokes the hotel’s contemporary stark interiors. The 193 over-water and beach villas have a light and airy feel, and blend perfectly into the tropical paradise that is Dhidhoofinolhu Island. The only time you will even want to get out of the water is to dine in one of eight eateries or to prepare your skin for a perfect tan at the LUX* Me Spa, where a Wellness Concierge will cater to your every whim.
When it comes to noshing on beautifully plated dishes, the array of bars and restaurants is dizzying. East Market is a sophisticated take on a local night market scene; Umami serves exquisite pieces of sushi, teppanyaki or robata grill, in addition to having the Maldives’ largest selection of sakes and Japanese whiskeys; Allegria, Senses and MIXE serve cuisines from around the globe; Beach Rouge, the trendy beach club, serves light bites with their drinks, and after dusk, you will dance on a floating dance floor.
Fly boarding, hover boarding, jet surfboarding and more. The range of thrilling water-sports will delight adventure junkies. You may also, slip on a pair of fins and snorkel outside your private villa or roll out a yoga mat on the sand.
The chic nomadic retreat is branded LUX* which means you can start your day with a steaming hot island-roasted Café LUX* coffee and learn to capture moments with a creative flair using LUX* Photo Fanatics. You will not yet have left the island on the hydroplane than you will already be planning your next stay.
LUX * South Ari Atoll has 6 restaurants, 4 bars and a signature café to the delight of its gourmet loving guests. 24-Hour in-villa dining is also available for those wanting to dine in the privacy of their holiday home.
● MIXE is set on the beach and serves buffet-style breakfasts and dinners. In the evening you will be entertained by the live-cooking stations as well as genuine island performances.
● Senses is open for à la carte dinners, offering Middle Eastern and Indian cuisines. At lunchtime, light meals are served. A special theme nights is provided 3 times per week.
● East Market, an Asian restaurant and bar set over water on stilts with stunning views of the lagoon, displays delightful foods in a market style ambiance. For breakfast, you will be treated to European bakery goods and fresh fruits and veggies. In the evenings, the cuisine of this floating restaurant is largely inspired by Asian specialities from Thailand, Vietnam, China, Taiwan and the Philippines.
● Allegria is the hotel’s Italian beach restaurant, open only for dinner. You will see the cooks at work in the open space preparing pizzas, pasta and freshly caught seafood. Taste old world cheeses complemented by a glass of wine from the cellar. This restaurant may also be reserved for an exclusive evening with family or friends. Cooking and oenology courses are offered at the Allegria.
● Umami is a Japanese restaurant with an open kitchen, where sushi and Teppanyaki are prepared before your eyes.
● Beach Rouge provides delicious crispy pizzas straight from the wood-fired oven and served to you while you relax by the beach and the lagoon.
● Senses Bar & Lounge offers a selection of cocktails as well as Sri Lankan teatime service in the afternoon. You may also take a light lunch here or by the pool and relax over snacks in the evening.
● East Bar provides a chic catamaran-style lounging experience with seating in netted hammocks beside the lagoon. Below deck you will find an under-sea musical space where you can take in some dancing and partying.
● Lagoon Bar is a great place for a fast food lunch and sitting over a beer after a day on the sea. Located near the diving centre.
● Veli Bar is the pool bar where you will be grateful for tasty refreshments and daytime snacks.
● Café LUX * offers its signature roasted coffee on site at the LUX* South Ari Atoll.
*Dress Code: All restaurants and bars of the hotel allow casual outfits during the day (no swimsuits). In the evenings, you are asked to kindly wear semi-casual clothing (no shorts, jerseys, pareos or flip-flops).
Children staying in the Maldives will enjoy the PLAY Kids Club at LUX* South Ari Atoll. The club is open to children from 3 to 12 years old and operates from 9:00 to 19:00.
Adolescents from 12 to 17 years may take part in STUDIO 17 which is open from 10:00 to 19:00.
Daily programs are displayed for adults and children. In the evenings, guests are entertained by local Maldivian artists or there are themed programmes. On some days, live music is performed in the restaurants and bars. Beach Rouge hosts a live DJ on a daily basis.
During your holidays in the Maldives, do not miss going to LUX * Me Spa for a perfect well-being session. Opening onto the beach and the sea, this spa centre offers 15 exclusive spa villas including 4 over-water treatment villas, and a shared relaxation area with a steam room and a sauna.
LUX * Me Spa features 2 plunge pools, and men’s and women’s changing rooms and showers, each with their own sauna. There is also a beauty room for manicures and pedicures and a boutique.
The Maldives is the perfect diving destination, offering the best experiences for every level of diver: colourful coral reefs, good visibility, and an abundance of marine life, most notably the whale sharks and manta rays.
LUX* South Ari Atoll hotel is particularly well located, and provides a 5-star PADI-certified dive centre for its guests. Let yourself be tempted and take part in an unforgettable experience by diving while on holiday in the Maldives!