This idyllic private island resort encourages one to escape to a simpler, more relaxed way of life, where palm trees are scattered along the tranquil beach, and the scent of dewy coconut floats through the air. Welcome to Huvafen Fushi, a chic nomadic retreat set on the island of the same name, in the Kaafu atoll of the Maldives, where appreciation for the state of bliss reigns.
Visitors will exult – even hibernate – in the palatial bungalows set aside the immaculate beach or atop the lagoon’s limpid turquoise waters. A wide range of accommodations suits travellers of every style. And when it comes to dining, the choice is equally varied. The lavish breakfast buffet is a dream come true, and we resolutely recommend the coconut crêpes; two above-water havens offer delightful health food or fresh-caught local seafood; and a laid back, beach side resto bar serves Mediterranean comfort food while you relax under a canopy of palms.
Did you say, diving? It wouldn’t be the Maldives without this virtually national pastime, and a number of nearby dive sites will tickle the fancy of adventure-seeking aficionados. Amateurs, too, equipped with masks and fins, will marvel at the multicolour house reef, brimming with innumerable species, just off the shores of Huvafen Fushi. There are kayaks and paddle boards, or you can take a cruise on a yacht, a speedboat, or better yet, a traditional Maldivian dhoni. After hours, Lime Spa will tempt you with its avant-garde treatments, performed in an underwater sanctuary that will leave you hypnotised.
It is easy to become accustomed to the salty, balmy air and verdant, leafy jungle that makes Huvafen Fushi a true tropical paradise – one that you will have difficulty leaving.
Beach Bungalow With Pool
Fancy a leisurely walk in the water? Discover the 8 Beach Bungalows with Pool overlooking the turquoise lagoon at Huvafen Fushi. These Bungalows, covering an area of 125 m2, feature an elegant wooden deck with daybed and dining table, providing direct access to the beach.
Capacity: 3 adults
Deluxe Beach Bungalow with Pool
The island resort offers 8 Deluxe Beach Bungalows with Pool each with an area of 160 m² and having the same facilities as the previous category of rooms, in addition to a large outdoor lounge with sofas and chairs.
There are also two plunge pools for ultimate relaxation while gazing over the stunning beach and ocean, or up at the night time skies.
Capacity: 3 adults
Lagoon Bungalows with Pool
The 12 Lagoon Bungalows with Pool with surface areas of 130 m², provide a stairway that leads directly into the lagoon, for unforgettable moments while staying at Huvafen Fushi. The bungalows have a private deck with plunge pool and sala, and a sunbathing area from where you will marvel at the panoramic views while listening to your favourite music on the Bose sound system. The room also features a 40-inch plasma screen television, combining comfort and refinement.
Capacity: 3 adults
Ocean Bungalow with Pool
For a unique holiday in the Maldives, stay in one of the 12 Ocean Bungalows with Pool each with an area of 160 m², and miles and miles of vistas over the Indian Ocean. The three tier outdoor deck comprises a fresh-water infinity pool, Jacuzzi, dining area, daybed, and sun terrace. The living room features state-of-the-art theatre system and see-through glass panels in the floor for admiring the crystal waters in the lagoon below.
Capacity: 3 adults
Two-Bedroom Ocean Pavilion with Pool
Luxury and pleasure are the very words to describe the 2 Two-Bedroom Ocean Pavilions with Pool, covering an area of 330 m² with sunset facing vistas. Access to these Pavilions is via a private walkway, and they feature an infinity pool, as well as a fully-stocked and elegant library. The master bedroom is open plan with a Kohler bathtub as centrepiece. The second bedroom is equipped with a 42-inch plasma screen TV and has its own outdoor deck. A dedicated Thakuru butler is on call 24 hours.
Capacity: 4 adults
Two-Bedroom Beach Pavilion with Pool
Redefining the concept of luxury living with its sleek design and a private beach, the Two-Bedroom Beach Pavilion with Pool having an area of 800 m², is the only two-storey Pavilion on the resort. The master bedroom is located on the first floor and has a unique glass floor for viewing the illuminated swimming pool below and the lagoon. The second bedroom, on ground level, features its own indoor / outdoor bathroom with rain shower as well as a separate outside deck. A dedicated butler is on call 24 hours.
Capacity: 4 adults ROOM FACILITIES
- Air Conditioning
- Ceiling Fan
- Closet Space
- Bathrobes / Slippers
- Plasma Screen Television
- Hair Dryer
- Tea & Coffee Facilities
- Nespresso Machine (capsules with Supplement)
- Mini Bar
- Private Deck
- Private Pool
- Bathroom with Custom Bathtub & Shower
- Bath Products
- Butler Service
- Private Bar (Ocean Pavilion & Beach Pavilion)
Combining sophistication and culinary diversity, Huvafen Fushi offers six upscale restaurants and bars so there is something available at any time of the day.
- Salt: Dine on an over-water timber deck or the adjacent open-air upper level while admiring the panoramic ocean views. You will savour scallop, lobster, caviar and other fresh seafood delights. This elegant restaurant has an open kitchen, serving fine wines with your meals.
- Celsius: Set along the coastline with a casual chic ambiance, a variety of international-style food is offered at this restaurant, which is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, assuring something for every palate.
- Raw: Creative. Original. Experimental. This restaurant will win you over with its inventive cuisine. Raw offers beautiful and delicious fusion-style dishes and health-inspired meals using just-caught fish and garden fresh vegetables as a base. Open for dinner, ideally with a reservation, you will also find it is the perfect setting for sipping blended fruit juices during the day, or taking in the moonlight over an evening or after-dinner cocktail.
- Fogliani: A little piece of Italy in the Maldives. Let yourself be tempted by pizza prepared right before your eyes. Or why not a generous platter of antipasti served under the palms by the beach? The menu is full of creative dishes which will seduce your taste buds time and time again.
- Vinum: At 8 metres under the sea, this intimate restaurant houses an exceptional wine cellar with over 6,000 wines including many remarkable vintages. For your dining pleasure, the Chef and sommelier will guide you in your choice so that you experience the finest display of flavours and pleasure.
- Umbar: Relax by the sea with a cocktail or mocktails of your choice. The bar’s setting – near the swimming pool and beach lounge chairs – is ideal for a drink and snack at any time of the day. Upon sunset, the venue becomes an evening lounge with an enchanting blend of music and the sea’s breeze.
- The Huvafen Fushi also offers Destination Dining, allowing guests to enjoy refined dinners of their choice in complete intimacy. Whether it is under the stars on a sandbank created on the beach, by the sea reef on the rocks, at a table in the shallow end of the swimming pool overlooking the lagoon, or on the terrace of your bungalow or pavilion, the Chef and butler will organise unforgettable feasts for couples, friends and families on vacation at the resort.
- 24-Hour Front Desk
- Safety Deposit Box
- Room Service
- Picnic Lunches
- Underwater Spa
- Ironing Service
- Fax / Photocopying
Sink into the pleasures of a peaceful and cosy atmosphere during your stay in Huvafen Fushi Resort & Spa
SPA & WELLNESS
During your stay at Huvafen Fushi, you cannot pass up a visit, or two, to Lime Spa, the first underwater spa in the world dedicated to providing wellness treatments. Lime Spa offers a charming experience, somewhere between dream and reality, and must be tried at least once in a lifetime.
Consultations with the Spa therapists are encouraged to determine client needs with focus on nutrition and exercise, Reiki, reflexology, and Ayurveda cures, as well as group or personal yoga and meditation practices.
Lime Spa provides natural based products using herbs, roots, flowers, fruit, sand, minerals, and organic oils. Even the prized Maldivian coconut oil is utilised in the many of the Spa’s massage and well-being therapies.
Lime Essentials include:
- 2 Couple Underwater Treatment Rooms with Panoramic Reef Views
- 4 Single Over-Water Treatment Rooms
- 2 Couple Over-Water Treatment Rooms
- Sublime Relaxation Area Featuring Hot & Cold Water Therapies
- Relaxation Lounge with Panoramic Views of The Indian Ocean
- Manicure & Pedicure
- Lonu Veyo – a Saltwater Floatation Pool Harnessing the Abundance of Minerals Found in the Indian Ocean
- Over-Water Gym
- Over-Water Yoga Pavilion
- Non-Motorised Water Sports
- Paddle Boarding
- Zayak Sea Sled
- Wind Surfing
- Fitness Centre
- Games Room
- Scuba Diving / Visits to Dive Sites
- Kite Surfing
- Motorised Water Sports
- Water Skiing
- Wake Boarding
- Knee Boarding
- Jet Skiing
- Sea Bob
- Cruises & Excursions Including Yacht & Dhoni
- Customised Excursions
- Group & Individual Activities
- All Lessons & Equipment Used