Mindful wanderers seeking to travel afar while minimising their carbon imprint will get a thrill out of the Barefoot Eco Hotel. Completely isolated from civilisation, the small 4-star hotel of 52 rooms, situated on the northern atoll of Haa Dhaalu, offers a harmonious blend of beauty, integrity and sustainability. The eye-catching contemporary architecture of the hotel is conceived of locally-grown timber, which marries easily with the natural splendour of the surroundings. Acres of verdant jungle are encircled by a ribbon of golden sand, lapped by the limpid and warm Maldivian waters.
Conservation occupies a central role in every initiative undertaken by this eco-chic hotel, whether it is in the employment of community citizens, the organisation of touring the nearby village on bike, or taking a night dive in one of 40 adjacent dive sites. The Barefoot even takes responsibility for raising client awareness of Maldives traditions, and of the protection of endangered creatures that inhabit the sea. Visitors are certain to feel enriched from their experiences of participating in the day to day life of the islands.
The laid-back vibe is contagious and you will have no qualms about removing your shoes and spending sun-drenched days barefoot. There are four categories of rooms set at the heart of a coconut grove on the beach. Come mealtime, guests convene in the main restaurant, where delicious buffet platters are laid out, composed of fresh local produce cooked to perfection. There is a tasty vegetarian corner as well as a detox juice bar.
In the evenings, as you sip a deliciously concocted cocktail at Black Pearl’s floating bar, you will be enchanted by the dazzling skyline with its shades of burnished reds, roses, and golds. What better moment to plan your trip back to this magical islet and its friendly personnel, whom you will likely miss most.
Beach Front Room
The Barefoot Eco Hotel offers 20 Beach Front Rooms situated on the ground floor with direct access to the beach. These spacious rooms are of an area of 50 m2 including the furnished terrace, and have two twin or a double bed. An extra bed may be added upon request. There is an en-suite natural stone bathroom with shower.
Capacity: 2 adults + 1 child
Ocean View Room
Located on the first floor of each building wing are 20 Ocean View Rooms offering breath-taking views of the azure lagoon and the sea. These rooms are of an area of 50 m2 including the furnished balcony and provide a double or two twin beds with the possibility of adding an extra bed. There is an en-suite natural stone bathroom with shower.
Capacity: 2 adults + 1 child
Some of the Beach Front and Ocean View Rooms are connecting to form Family Rooms that comprise a total area of 100 m2, allowing accommodations for larger families or groups on holiday in the Maldives.
Capacity: 6 persons maximum
Barefoot Eco Hotel provides 12 Seaside Rooms, each with an area of 44 m2. These rooms feature floor-to-ceiling sliding glass doors that open onto a private wooden veranda, just beside the endless beach. There is an en-suite natural stone bathroom with shower.
Comfortably and tastefully decorated, the Seaside Rooms are situated in a shared complex with an inner courtyard, making them perfect for large families or groups travelling together, or even team-building events.
Capacity: 2 adults + 1 child
- Individually Controlled Air Conditioning
- Ceiling Fan
- Tea & Coffee Makers
- Fully Stocked Mini Bar
- Hair Dryer
- Beach Towels
- Telephone with Direct External Line
- Housekeeping Service Twice A Day
- Free Wi-Fi Internet Access
- Rain Showers
- The Barefoot Restaurant sources the finest ingredients and is committed to supporting local suppliers. The Chefs are specialised in Mediterranean dishes and serve meals that are full of flavour. The restaurant is situated on the beach with spectacular views for all.
- Buffet Breakfast - 8:00 to 10:30
- Lunch – 13:00 to 14:30
- Dinner – 20:00 to 21.30
You may reserve a private or romantic dinner at an extra charge.
- The Barefoot Juice Bar, close to the swimming pool, is an ideal meeting place where you will savour fruit juices, mocktails and soft drinks.
- The Barefoot Boat Bar is located at 10 minutes distance from the hotel jetty by speed boat. Alcoholic drinks are served there only.
- Black Pearl Bar is a floating bar, set on over-water stilts in the lagoon, where you will be served spirits and other tropical cocktails.
- - Wi-Fi Connection Throughout Hotel
- - Reception Desk
- - Multilingual Staff
- - Library
- - Boutique with Tailoring Service
- - Organisation of Renewal of Vows Ceremonies
- - Infant Facilities: Baby Cot & High Chair Upon Request
- - Credit Cards Accepted: Visa & MasterCard
- - Ironing Service
- - Laundry Services
- - Fax / Photocopying
- - Babysitting / Child Services
- - Airport Shuttle
Children are most welcome at the Barefoot Eco Hotel. Parents are kindly requested to look after their children so they avoid hazardous situations and activities.
Special pursuits for the young ones – with a supplement - include:
- - PADI Bubble-Maker Courses for children of at least 8 years old
- - Junior Open Water Diver License for children of at least 10 years of age
At Barefoot Eco Hotel, you are invited to take part in the resort’s animated evening entertainment throughout your stay.
HANIMADHOO CONSERVATION CENTER
The nerve centre driving the Barefoot Eco Hotel’s attitude and activities is the Conservation Center, which has the dual task of reducing the hotel’s impact on the environment and of contributing to the observation of its biodiversity, with an end result of improving the economic lifestyle of the local community. Guests of the hotel are invited to join in the process as it evolves on a daily basis by taking part in the centre’s marine research efforts to see how the marine biologists carry out their scientific work.
By choosing to stay at The Barefoot you will not only enjoy a pearl in the Indian Ocean, you will also give concrete assistance to help conserve the Maldives while, also learning about the many biological and ecological facts of the wildlife that inhabits this remarkable environment.
SPA & WELLNESS
Pamper yourself at Barefoot Spa & Beauty where treatments are combined with spiritual and meditative experiences for the wellbeing of body and mind. Subdued lighting, soothing music and pleasing aromas form part of the range of therapies that include Ayurveda products as well. Beauty treatments tailored to individual needs, couple massages and other treatment packages available for the length of your stay.
- Beach Shade Umbrellas & Loungers
- Saltwater Swimming Pool
- Fitness Centre – Open 24 Hours
- Schedule of Yoga Classes
- Board Games
- Bocce Balls
- Personal Yoga Programs
- Wind Surfing
- Hobie Cat
- Jet Ski
- Underwater Diving & Equipment for Rent
- Diving Lessons
- Dhoni Excursions
- Conservation Excursions:
- Environmental & Cultural Bicycle Tour
- Utheem Sultan Palace – Guided Visit
- Snorkelling Trips By Boat
- Dolphin Monitoring Trip By Boat – In Season
- Manta Monitoring Trip By Boat – In Season
- Night Snorkelling Trips By Boat
- Desert Island Trip
- Sunset Romantic Cruise
- Star Watching
- Trolling Fishing
- Private Excursions