In the Maldivian language, Vabbinfaru designates a circular island surrounded by a ring-shaped coral reef. A turquoise lagoon, a horizon the colour of the deep blue sea, sand with golden glints, and lush greenery -this is the edenic setting that awaits. The secluded getaway located on North Male Atoll is coveted by honeymooners and those on the lookout for an enchanting and romantic place to celebrate their love.
Calm and serenity are the words that come to mind when describing the Banyan Tree Vabbinfaru. Famed for his legendary hospitality, the elegant understated resort counts/relies on its flawless service and handpicked activities to make sure your stay is truly unforgettable: Thai massages, upscale cuisine on the beach, cruises at sunset, a swim with the majestic manta rays, a wedding on the beach… with the possibility of an underwater wedding ceremony for the more adventurous travellers.
The 48 villas, an invitation to a romantic getaway, are nestled on the beach, facing the ocean. The architecture evokes a spiral-shaped shell, of the kind you may spot during a stroll on the beach… The lovely rooms are furnished with King-size canopy beds, exquisite bed linen and a choice of three types of pillows -the promise of a good night’s sleep.
Oceanview Pool Villas
With an area of 110 m², the 19 Ocean View Pool Villas are true tropical cocoons offering a place of relaxation and space on your trip to the Maldives. Overlooking the ocean, each of these villas is nestled in a peaceful setting and surrounded by lush greenery. Decorated in a contemporary style, they feature a bedroom with king-size bed, as well as a sumptuous living space that opens onto an open-air and furnished deck and sun kiosk. The enclosed garden – leading from both the bedroom and bathroom – offers a wooden deck with Sala, outdoor shower, pool, and hot tub, ideal for a relaxing afternoon.
Capacity: 3 persons
Beachfront Pool Villa
Located with direct access to the beautiful white sand beach of Banyan Tree Vabbinfaru, the 27 Beachfront Pool Villas offer travellers on holiday in the Maldives a magical place to stay in this archipelago. Only a few steps away from the turquoise lagoon of the Indian Ocean, these 110 m² villas have, among other things, an enclosed garden – leading from the bedroom and bathroom – which offers a paradise of serenity with its plunge pool, outdoor shower and hot tub. Also included are a dining table on the veranda and sun kiosk situated in front of the ocean. These villas are ideal for honeymooners staying in the Maldives.
Capacity: 3 persons
Spa Sanctuary Pool Villa
Surrounded by lush tropical vegetation and overlooking the white sandy beach and turquoise ocean, the 2 Spa Sanctuary Pool Villas at Vabbinfaru are ideal for romance and intimacy. These spacious villas have an area of 120 m² and you will be pampered with unlimited spa massages from the resort’s sanctuary spa menu. There is also an additional private swimming pool with adjacent outdoor lounge area, as well as the beachfront sun kiosk. The rooms feature a king-size canopy bed and a comfortable sitting area opening onto the beautiful garden. The enclosed garden – leading from the bathroom and bedroom – includes a plunge pool and hot tub for entirely intimate moments under the sun or the stars.
Capacity: 3 persons
- King-Size Signature Teakwood 4-Poster Bed
- Indoor & Outdoor Showers
- 32" Flat Screen Television
- CD / DVD Player
- Mini Bar
- Private Garden with Pool
- IDD Telephone
- Tea & Coffee Facilities
- Hair Dryer
The Banyan Tree Vabbinfaru has been voted one of the best culinary addresses in the Maldives. There are two restaurants serving breakfast, lunch or dinner for the resort’s residents, or you may organise your own private dinner in your villa, on the beach, or on a boat.
- Destination Dining allows you the opportunity to experience glorious dining experiences in a setting of natural beauty. You may dine on the sandbanks under the stars, on a secret stretch of beachfront, or relish an exquisite beach BBQ for two.
- Ilaafathi Restaurant is a casual restaurant set upon the sandy beach under a natural roof made from the alang-alang grass. Open for generous breakfast buffets, and great dinners blending Maldivian and international flavours.
- In-Villa Dining by Banyan Tree Vabbinfaru favours your privacy and will arrange for you to have a candlelight barbecue dinner in the intimacy of your villa, or a romantic meal set upon the edge of your beach. A private butler and chef will take care of all your culinary needs.
- Naiboli Bar is an open-air bar offering a variety of dining selections, including snacks and delicious cocktails or refreshments at all hours of the day.
- Sangu is an open-air restaurant offering BBQ buffet lunches and themed evening dinners under the star. Open subject to weather conditions.
- - Banyan Tree Gallery Boutique
- - Castaway Beach BBQ Dinner Menus
- - V-Deck Sunset & Dinner Menus
- - Cooking Lessons
- - Thai Massage on the Beach
- - Exclusive Wedding Packages
- - Photographic Sessions to Record Your Vacation Memories
You will love the family activities available at Banyan Tree Vabbinfaru which allow special moments with the kids. These include kayaking, bubble maker, a banana buoy ride, a dolphin cruise, and an educational tour given by the Marine Conservation Lab combining hands-on experience with the under-water fauna of the Maldives.
Watch the mesmerising Bodu Beru performance, a drums and musical performance showcased by lively dancers in ethnic costume at Naiboli Bar.
SPA & WELLNESS
The Banyan Tree Spa, completely integrated within the lush greenery of the resort, is one of the finest spas in the Maldives. It offers a range of massages and treatments based on traditional Asian healing philosophies, and the Hammam is offered free of charge. The Spa is open from 9:00 to 20:00.
The PADI 5-Star Gold Palm Dive Centre at Banyan Tree offers PADI-certified diving and nitrox courses, as well as diving expeditions, and many water activities such as snorkelling, deep sea fishing, night fishing, canoeing, banana boat, water skiing, wakeboarding, monoskiing, windsurfing, catamaran cruises and seaplane tours
MARINE CONSERVATION LAB
The Banyan Tree is involved in various projects for the protection and preservation of the coral reef and seabed, and the marine fauna. The lab breeds endangered rays and green turtles, and also houses a scientific research centre.
Guests at the resort can do their part in protecting the environment by visiting the sea farms to learn about under water animal life. They may also participate in monitoring the reefs and species inventory checks. Marine biology courses are offered for lovers of the ocean.
- - Fitness Centre (Open 24 Hours)
- - Snorkelling
- - Canoeing
- - Wind Surfing
- - Catamaran Sailing (After Sail Check)
- - Maldives Marine Conservatory & Marine Biology Class
- - Volleyball
- - Ping Pong
- - Scuba Diving
- - Catamaran Sailing with Guide
- - Snorkelling Excursions
- - Bubblemaker
- - Wake Boarding
- - Water Skiing
- - Banana Rides & Fun Tubing
- - Private Sailing & Water Sports Lessons
- - Catamaran & Seaplane Excursions
- - Manta & Dolphin Discovery Trips
- - Sunset Cruise
- - Deep Sea & Night Fishing
- - Island Hopping
- - Local Tours Including the Capital, Malé
- - Spa