Velavaru, which translates as "Turtle Island", evokes the beings that long dwelled the island. With such a rich past, there is no doubt - you are in the ideal place for magical encounters with the local faunal Nestled in the heart of a wild, unspoilt lagoon, in Dhaalu atoll, Angsana Velavaru awaits you.
This breathtaking island, imbued with tropical lush vegetation, is no more than along ribbon of golden sand that beckons you for leisurely strolls and playful activities with your family. And most stunning of all, hues oftopaz as far as the eye can see.
This colorful hotel makes for the ideal destination for memorable holidays with your family. Don a pair of fluorescent fins and take the open waters to discover the vibrant sea life teeming with fish sparkling in brilliant colors, or set out on an adventure fishing, glass-bottom canoeing, catamaran excursion, swimming with the dolphins.
The resort's highlight? The Inocean Villas, on stilts, suspended over the jeweled ocean at the other end of the lagoon. Accessible only by boat, these villas bring a new meaning to sublime abandon. One thing is certain you will never want to leave this oasis of serenity.
For your stay in the Maldives, Angsana Velavaru Resort offers 79 Beachfront Villas for a sublime tropical island holiday in the sun. These Villas – of which there are five categories –are circular in design with thatched roofs, and all are situated so that you have direct access to the beach and the sparkling lagoon.
- The 28 Beachfront Villas of 88 m² are surrounded by breezy palms and feature a bedroom with king-size bed; private veranda with sun loungers, dining area and splendid ocean views; a bathroom with shower; and a discreet wooden deck leading from the bedroom and bathroom that comprises an outdoor shower.
Capacity: up to 3 persons
- The 30 Beachfront Jet Pool Villas have an area of 88 m² and beautiful vistas onto the sea. They feature a bedroom with king-size bed; private veranda with sun loungers, dining area and splendid ocean views; a bathroom with shower; and a discreet wooden deck with outdoor shower, plus the additional luxury of your own jet pool for relaxing baths under the stars.
Capacity: up to 3 persons
- The 18 Deluxe Beachfront Villas of 207 m² have all the features of the above Villas, while the spacious bedroom includes a desk and cosy divan. This Maldivian villa provides you with easy access to the lagoon, and there is a private garden at the back featuring sun loungers and your own refreshing plunge pool.
Capacity: up to 3 persons
- The 2 Velavaru Villa has an area of 323 m² comprising a bedroom with king-size bed and a separate living room – there is a television in each of these rooms. This sumptuous villa has indoor and outdoor showers, access to the turquoise sea and a private bar at your disposal. You will enjoy your own private plunge pool situated in the quiet garden at the back.
Capacity: up to 4 persons
- The Angsana Villa of 473 m² features two bedrooms for families travelling in the Maldives. It is in a secluded area of the resort with its own beachfront and access to the ocean. There are two wings to the villa; the one comprises the master bedroom and an intimate spa room; while the other houses the second bedroom and a dining room. All rooms lead onto the beachside terrace, and onto the inner courtyard with its swimming pool, jet pool, and ample lounging space. Each wing has its own luxurious bathroom that opens onto the inner courtyard as well.
The master bedroom features a king-size bed and the second bedroom offers twin beds; both verandas are well-furnished and include sun loungers.
Capacity: up to 5 persons
InOcean Pool Villas
There is nothing better than a stay in one of the 34 InOcean Villas of the Angsana Velavaru Resort with 3 different categories from which to choose. These over-water villas offer comfort and luxury for your trip to the Maldives. They are all located at the edge of the reef, and comprise a king-size bed, a contemporary lounge living space, a terrace with swimming pool and an upper deck.
- There are 9 Sunrise InOcean Pool Villas
and 11 Sunset InOcean Pool Villas
each having areas of 175 m², making them perfect for water loving holiday makers. They feature an ocean-suspended hammock, an infinity pool set over the crystal-clear lagoon, and a huge bathtub from where you will have endless views. The rooftop pavilion makes this experience absolutely extraordinary with its Sala for private In-Villa spa treatments. The wooden poolside deck allows you to sit and watch underwater life moving under your Maldives water villa. Spacious sunbeds give couples romantic privacy, and families will love the enormous living space, built with full-length glass doors for natural sunlight. All that remains is for you to choose whether you want to wake each morning to the glorious Sunrise or end your days with a splendid Sunset.Capacity
: up to 3 persons
- The 3 Sanctuary InOcean Pool Villas of 287 m² will charm you during your dream holiday in the Maldives. This over water-villa is a stunningly gorgeous example of prime Maldivian resort living. Jump into the infinity pool stretching above the clear lagoon waters, take a nap in an ocean-suspended hammock or on the poolside sunbed, and suntan on a wooden poolside deck. The ultimate luxury will be your private spa treatment in the rooftop Sala. This Villa offers two vast bedrooms – one master with a king-sized bed and a second bedroom with twin beds – each with its own bathroom, as well as an enormous living area with spacious dining area. Everything is available complete this majestic island palace vacation.
Capacity: 5 Adults; or 2 Adults + 2 Children + 1 Infant
- The 5 Sunrise InOcean Pool Villas with Sala and the 6 Sunset InOcean Pool Villas with Sala have an area of 175 m2 offering an exquisite setting to capture treasured everlasting memories with your loved ones. An ocean-suspended hammock, an infinity pool hanging over crystal-clear waters, a sunken bathtub set aside glass walls for uninterrupted ocean views, will give you ultimate peace and harmony during your stay in the Maldives. The rooftop pavilion has a private area for In-Villa spa treatments, while the wooden poolside deck and Sala sunbed offer an inviting place to lay down, relax, and feel the sea breeze. These Villas are ideal for couples in search of privacy, as well as families, who will love the generous living spaces. Every day will begin with an unforgettable encounter of a stunning Sunrise or, if you prefer, with the soothing sensation of the Maldivian Sunset.
Capacity: up to 3 persons
- - King-Size Bed
- - Indoor & Outdoor Showers
- - Hair Dryer
- - Outdoor Infinity Pool & Wood Deck
- - Direct Access To Coral Reef From Pool Deck
- - Sala On Second Floor For Spa Treatments
- - Sofa & Outdoor Sun Lounger
- - Coffee & Tea Making Facilities
- - Electronic Safe
- - Desk
- - Air Conditioning
- - Wi-Fi
- - LCD Television
- - IDD Telephone
- - DVD / CD Player
- - Bathrobes / Slippers
- - Mini Bar
- - Ceiling Fan
- - Hammock (InOcean Villas)
- - Poolside Sala With Large Sunbed & Pavilion By The Pool (Sanctuary Pool Villa)
- - Private Hot Tub (Angsana & Velavaru Villas)
- - Private Pool (Deluxe, Velavaru, Angsana & InOcean Villas)
- - Pavilion Dedicated To Spa Treatments On Roof (All InOcean Pool Villas)
- - Veranda With Sun Beds (All Beachfront Villas)
● Azzurro Restaurant & Bar is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, as well as for cocktails and drinks at the bar. Its cuisine is the finest of Italy, and dining takes place in the elegant dining room and the over-water veranda, offering breath taking views of the ocean.
● Funa Restaurant is in a thatched roof hut suspended over the lagoon at the end of a jetty. This is where you will enjoy delicious fresh seafood in the Maldivian tradition, as well as international dishes. Mediterranean food served once per week. Open for dinner only, 5 nights a week.
● Kaani Restaurant offers indoor and outdoor seating during breakfast, lunch and dinner. Dine on native Maldivian meals with an Asian influence from either the themed buffet spread or the à la carte menu.
● Kuredhi Bar is set in the open-air at the water’s edge, where you can relax in a deck chair on the terrace, or at the bar while the bartender shakes or stirs a specially blended cocktail just for you. A variety of snacks and appetizers are also served and the bar will stay open until the last guest leaves.
● In-Villa Dining allows you to order whatever you please from a lengthy menu featuring appetisers, main courses from Asia, International favourites, sweet dessert treats and an array of fresh drinks. Dine in the privacy of your island or water villa at any time of the day from 7:30 to 22:00.
● Dine on a Castaway Island: Embark on a sea-faring adventure to a remote and private island where you will be offered a wide choice of Maldivian specialties prepared by the resort’s top chefs.
- - Cooking Lessons
- - Boutique & Gallery
- - Meeting Room
- - Weddings & Private Dining on Beach Pavilion
- - Photography Packages
- - Destination Dining Including Castaway Dinner, Beach BBQ, & Romantic Sundowner
The Kid's Club at Angsana Velavaru offers a wide range of fun activities for children such as treasure hunts, t-shirt painting, building sand castles, beach games, and cooking classes for budding chefs.
The Marine Lab is dedicated to protecting coral reef ecosystems through its research and conservation efforts. It offers informational activities for both kids and adults, with a variety of environmentally safe activities for everyone to partake in: coral planting, monitoring local marine life, taking a course in marine biology, snorkelling excursions, and more.
Bodu Beru Night allows couple, families and friends to share unforgettable moments by immersing in the rhythms of the traditional music known as Bodu Beru. Let the beat of the percussions invite you into the magical realm of Maldivian culture.
SPA & WELLNESS
The Angsana Spa is where your senses will be awakened through the wide range of beauty treatments and body massages. Allow the aromatic scents of frangipani and rosemary draw you into the sensual world of this sanctuary with Ayurveda-inspired well-being treatments using naturally grown ingredients mixed right before your eyes.
Try the Couples’ Romance Spa Package for a truly invigorating wellness therapy. The award-winning Spa houses 10 treatment rooms (1 indoor and 9 outdoor).
At Angsana Velavaru there are up to 30 diving spots for your exploration in the South Nilandhe Atoll. Most dives in the Maldives take place in moving water, particularly in the passes. The deep sea of the Maldives is inhabited by sharks, eagle rays, mantas, and very dense fauna where you may also come across whale sharks.
The resort offers a PADI-certified 5-Star Gold Palm Dive Centre entirely dedicated to diving. Its professional dive team is on hand for lessons of for every level of diver, and will guide you safely on stunning excursions through the most spectacular sea beds.
- - Marine Conservatory
- - Wind Surfing – Following Sail Check (With Fee)
- - Catamaran Sailing – Following Sail Check (With Fee)
- - Canoeing
- - Snorkelling on House Reef – Following Check-
- - Spa
- - Wind Surfing & Catamaran Courses - Including Sail Check
- - Glass Bottom Canoeing
- - All Water Sport Lessons
- - Wake Boarding
- - Water Skiing
- - Knee Boarding
- - Sky Ski
- - Kite Boarding
- - Jet Skiing
- - Paddle Board
- - Banana & Fun Tube Rides
- - Scuba Diving
- - PADI Dive Courses
- - Fishing Excursions
- - Dolphin Spotting
- - Catamaran Excursions
- - Boat Rental / Charters
- - Cooking Lessons