Your need for sun is purely scientific!
Soaking up the sun, sitting on the warm white sand, swimming in the salty water and getting an awesome tan!
Sounds like a distant dream. The winter months have started and you are already feeling the symptoms from lack of sea and sun. It’s not just your urge to go on holiday, its merely a chemical reaction and in this article we will attempt to give you a scientific explanation to why you need to head south towards the sun. The sea air and water have a proven curing effect on your body and here are six benefits that will without doubt convince you to escape to an island destination before the winter ends.
1. Have you ever heard of a person unhappy at the beach? The sea keeps you calm and peaceful. Research shows that the sound of waves alters wave patterns in the brain lulling you into a deeply relaxed state.
2. The sea heals all wounds, and we mean that literally. If you have any cuts or scratches on your body just immerse yourself in the water. Salt water cleans the wound and helps it heal faster though it might sting a little bit.
3. Floating in water means blood is diverted around from your lower limbs and pumped towards your abdominal region, as you are no longer standing upright. Fresh blood being pumped around the body brings more oxygen to our brain, which makes you more alert and active.
4. Another benefit of swimming in sea water, is that sand and the sea acts as a natural exfoliator. So while your standing in the water, grab a handful of sand and scrub it out.
5. If you've ever wondered why one always sleeps more soundly after spending the day on the beach, it's because of the sea air. Sea air is charged with healthy negative ions that accelerate your ability to absorb oxygen. Negative ions also balance levels of seratonin, a body chemical linked with mood and stress. Which is why after a holiday you feel more relaxed and energised.
6. Last but not least: do you know how you come back with a natural glow after a beach filled weekend? Well that is because sea water removes toxins from the skin, and replenishes it with minerals. The salt and potassium chloride are the main healers. They seal the damaged skin and allow it to mend. The researchers also claimed that bathing in seawater increases the elasticity of the skin, making you look more beautiful then ever.
So, convinced now?
Do you need another excuse for hoping on a plane and going to a magical beach destination to get your intake of wellness to confront the long winter months ahead?
Here are three exquisite holiday escapes that will for sure help you decide on when to go, for curative reasons of course!